You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Thanks Hauslane for sponsoring this video! Upgrade your kitchen by going to https://bit.ly/34a3qLN using the code “MWL5%” for 5% off your purchase!
Watch Daddy Lau teach us how to make Orange Chicken. I can personally vouch that my dad’s Orange Chicken is super crispy and delicious, better than any take-out version!
🍴 RECIPE + INGREDIENTS🍴
Check out our blog for an adjustable list of ingredients and step-by-step videos:
🙏 SUPPORT OUR CHANNEL 🙏
If you enjoy these videos and want to support us being able to continue creating content for many years to come, we’d love for you to consider becoming a patron of Made With Lau.
👋 CONNECT WITH US 👋
🍳 COOKWARE WE USE/love 🍳
– Electric Burner: https://geni.us/electricburner
– Non-Stick Wok: https://geni.us/nonstickwok
– Carbon Steel Wok: https://geni.us/carbonsteelwok
– Non-Stick Pan: https://shrsl.com/305jb
– Carbon Steel Pan: https://shrsl.com/305j9
– Stainless Steel Skillet: https://shrsl.com/305j8
– Cookware Set: https://shrsl.com/305j7
– 8 Quart Pot: https://shrsl.com/305j6
– Cookware Collections: https://shrsl.com/305j5
🔪 KNIVES WE USE/love 🔪
– Dad’s 40 year aged Chinese Chef Knife: https://geni.us/dadschefknife, https://geni.us/Vtjn
– Chef Knife: https://shrsl.com/305is
– Santoku Knife: https://shrsl.com/305iu
– Starter Knife Set: https://shrsl.com/305iw
– Sharpening Stone Set: https://shrsl.com/305iy
👨🍳 KITCHEN ACCESSORIES WE USE/love 👨🍳
– Magnetic Knife Strip (storage): https://shrsl.com/305j3
– Cutting Board: https://shrsl.com/305j2
– Instant Read Thermometer #1: https://geni.us/bluetooththermometer
– Instant Read Thermometer #2: https://geni.us/wirelessthermometer
– Food Scale: https://geni.us/ourfoodscale
🍜 DAD’S SPECIAL INGREDIENTS 🍜
If you don’t live near an Asian market, you buy these online / on Amazon:
– Sesame Oil: https://geni.us/bPkD
– Handcrafted Soy Sauce: https://bit.ly/handcrafted-soysauce
– Light Soy Sauce: https://geni.us/h5GrZ
– Light Soy Sauce (Handcrafted): https://bit.ly/premiumlightsoysauce
– Dark Soy Sauce: https://geni.us/VIgg0
– Dark Soy Sauce (Handcrafted): https://bit.ly/premiumdarksoysauce
– Rice Cooking Wine: https://geni.us/ZHJK
– Premium Oyster Sauce: https://bit.ly/gfoystersauce, https://geni.us/BplS8
– Chili Oil: https://geni.us/DX1vm
– Hoisin Sauce: https://geni.us/lmBz0
– Chicken Bouillon: https://geni.us/2Eu7CU
– Shaoxing Cooking Wine: https://geni.us/M93Zer
Note: These links are affiliate links, which means that if you use our links to purchase these ingredients, our family earns a small amount for the sale – at no extra cost to you. If you use these links, we really appreciate the support!
🔗 LINKS MENTIONED 🔗
Tess Cooks 4u: https://youtu.be/A7LbmJfV2ZA?t=88
IFC Films: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z0hmBIR8BE
Uber Eats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc-8XlF1XoE
Rachael Ray Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLdPI8qe8oU
Ruby Ka Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlZ6FuCvZV8
It’s So excellent: https://youtu.be/itgnHDOK0Y8
Our (Made With Lau) Recipes
General Tso’s Chicken: https://youtu.be/AE_-ROS98PA
⏲ CHAPTERS ⏲
00:00 – begin
00:25 – cut chicken
00:49 – What type of chicken is best?
01:08 – Marinate chicken
01:50 – Prepare orange sauce
02:19 – The origins of orange chicken & “authenticity”
04:40 – make slurry
04:52 – Prepare orange slices & peel
05:52 – make frying batter
07:11 – Our new range hood!
08:04 – Deep fry chicken
10:52 – The second fry
12:50 – Why use stainless steel wok for orange chicken?
13:20 – Stir-fry sauce
14:04 – Add slurry
15:07 – Add chicken
15:19 – How to keep chicken crispy?
16:08 – Plate & serve!
16:28 – Meal time!
💛 OUR FAMILY 💛
Learn more about the Lau family, and why we started this channel + blog:
🎵 OTHER CREDITS 🎵
Produced by Randy Lau, Grace Phan
Edited by Willard Chan, Nicole Cheng
Translation by Arlene Chiu, David Loh