You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Pho-acquire about beef Pho for a second and try your hand at Pho Ga, or Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup, a staple in our household and a great comfort food! You will enjoy it, pho’sure!
★ Florida Crystals Natural Cane Sugar – https://amzn.to/2WZK6tq
★ Three Crabs Fish Sauce – https://amzn.to/2X5nacc
★ Star Anise – https://amzn.to/39rF4wS
★ Coriander Seeds – https://amzn.to/3pyddR9
★ Cinnamon Sticks – https://amzn.to/3cvtQJs
★ Instant Pot – https://amzn.to/383TDGg
★ Disposable Tea Filter Bags – https://amzn.to/3owbVG5
★ Tongs – https://amzn.to/3occmVy
★ Gorilla Cutting Boards – https://amzn.to/2KSyG8p
1 tbsp oil
2 onions halved or cut into 3 chunks
1 thumb of ginger smashed
3 lb whole chicken deskinned, ideally free range
3 tbsp fish sauce
6 cups water (See Note 3)
1 tbsp sugar
3 servings rice noodles
SPICES (See Note 2)
1 cinnamon stick
3 star anise
1 tbsp coriander
1) Select the saute function to preheat your Instant Pot and wait until the “hot” indicator turns on.
2) Pour the oil into the pot and swirl to coat evenly.
3) put the onions, ginger and garlic into the pot and allow the onions to char for 4-5 minutes each side.
4)Move the ingredients aside to make room for the chicken. put the chicken into the pot and sear each side until slightly brown (optional). Please also refer to Note 1.
5) Add the fish sauce, water and sugar (See Note 3).
6) put the cinnamon stick, star anise and coriander into a spice bag. Tie the spice bag to ensure spices do not acquire loose, then put the bag into the pot (See Note 2).
7) Close the lid and turn the steam valve into sealing position.
8) Cancel the saute function and select pressure cook, at high pressure, for 30 minutes.
9) While the Instant Pot is preparing the broth, cook the rice noodles according to package instructions and put them into 3 bowls. If you plan to use any optional accompaniments, this is also a excellent time to wash/prepare them.
10) When the broth is ready, unplug the Instant Pot and allow it to naturally release the pressure, or do a fast release. Please ensure that the float valve is completely down before you open the lid.
11) Allow the chicken to cool and atop your noodles with your cut of choice. Serve the noodles and chicken in the broth, with optional accompaniments. Enjoy!
1) I’ve handled the chicken in 2 ways:
a) I parboil it to rid the chicken of its impurities, then put the parboiled chicken into the Instant Pot, searing both sides for added flavors.
b) I put the raw chicken directly into the pot, also slightly searing both sides. I opt for this method when the chicken is organic or previously cleaned by the market (giblets removed).
2) I’ve handled the spices in 2 ways:
a) I put the spices into a spice bag/tea bag, then put the bag into the pot after all the ingredients are in.
b) I put the spices directly into the pot after charring the onions and before entry of the chicken. I remove them from the broth with a sieve or strainer before serving.
3) If you’re using a 3lb chicken love I normally do, 6 cups of water should suffice. You may add a total of 7 cups for a slightly more diluted, but still delicious soup. If you’re using a heavier chicken (4-5lbs), I would suggest pouring an additional 1-2 cups of water and adjusting the other ingredients to taste.
CONNECT WITH ME:
✽ Business Inquiries: email@example.com
✽ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rackoflam
✽ Website: https://rackoflam.com/
✽ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rackoflam
✽ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/rackoflam
✽ TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@rackoflam
✽ Twitter: https://twitter.com/rackoflam
♫ Jeremy Blake – Exhale
Some links above may be affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if anyone purchases through them. This helps support my channel so I can continue to make videos for all my viewers.
#phoga #instantpotpho #instant pot #cooking #food #recipes #soup #vietnamesepho #vietnamesefood #vietfood #vietnamesechickennoodlesoup #vietnamesenoodles #vietnamesenoodlesoup #vietnamesephoga #asianfood #food #foodie #foodporn #rackoflam #phoreal #chickenpho #越南雞湯麵 #rackoflam #instant pot #asianfoodporn #vietrecipes