$9 vs. $39 Vegan Bolognese
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
You can find both vegan bolognese recipes here!
PANTRY-FRIENDLY LENTIL BOLOGNESE: https://rainbowplantlife.com/10-ingredient-vegan-red-lentil-bolognese/
FANCY PANTS BOLOGNESE
– 1 ½ TBSP olive oil
– 1 big onion, chopped
– 4 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– 1 tsp dried thyme
– Kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper
– 4 TBSP tomato paste
– 1 package Beyond Beef
– ¾ cup dry red wine (check that it’s vegan-friendly!)
– 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
– 2 to 3 tsp excellent-quality balsamic vinegar
– 1 pound egg-free tagliatelle, pappardelle, or fettuccine; or rigatoni or penne; or gnocchi
– 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight, or in boiling water for 1 hour
– ¾ cup water
– 2 TBSP lemon juice
– 1 tsp kosher salt
– 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
– ½ to ¾ cup fresh basil, slivered
– ½ cup vegan parmesan cheese
1. Heat a 12-inch saute pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, and once shimmering, add onions and season with a pinch of salt. Stir occasionally and cook for 5 minutes. Add a few spoons of water to deglaze the pan. Continue cooking the onions, adding more water every few minutes and stirring frequently to prevent burning, until the onions are softened and nicely browned, 9-10 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, thyme, and oregano. Stir frequently and cook for 60-90 seconds.
3. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes to caramelize, stirring frequently, until darker red in color.
4. Add the Beyond Beef, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, and pepper to taste. Break up into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Cook until lightly browned and liquid has evaporated, 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Pour in the wine and simmer until completely reduced, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the juice from the canned tomatoes; add the tomatoes with your hands, crushing them as you add them to the pot (or crush in a separate bowl). Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened and the flavors have married, about 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook your pasta in a big pot of salted boiling water until just al dente. Drain.
7. Meanwhile, make the Cashew Cream. Drain soaked cashews and add to a high-powered blender or food processor, along with water, lemon juice, salt, and nutritional yeast. Blend until uniformly creamy and smooth, scraping down the sides as you go.
8. Add ¼ to ½ cup of the cashew cream to the bolognese and gently simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, and adding a bit of water as needed.
9. Taste for seasonings, adding more salt and pepper to taste. Finish with the balsamic vinegar and stir to combine. Add cooked pasta to the bolognese and toss until well coated in the sauce. Finish with slivered basil and vegan parmesan.
MY COOKBOOK: The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook: Wholesome, Indulgent Plant-Based Recipes!
ORDER ON AMAZON: https://amzn.to/2liT4lZ
MORE COOKBOOK INFO: https://www.rainbowplantlife.com/blog/vegan-instant-pot-cookbook
*90+ delicious vegan recipes made in the Instant Pot*
*With tons of gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, and refined-sugar-free options
*IN THIS VIDEO*
Favorite balsamic vinegars
Favorite knives: https://kankitchen.com/meet-the-knives/ (acquire $5 off using code “nisha”)
Deep nonstick saute pan: https://amzn.to/3vgIqL4
*MY KITCHEN ESSENTIALS*
Instant Pot 6 quart: https://amzn.to/3aQY1aQ
Food Processor: https://amzn.to/38L8Aub
Dutch oven: https://amzn.to/35SLfa6
big Cutting Board: https://amzn.to/3spsW60
Nonstick frying pan: https://amzn.to/2ZZwOhT
Cast iron skillet: https://amzn.to/2DXvuol
Vitamix blender: https://amzn.to/36xtZFN
Vitamix 64-ounce container: https://amzn.to/3cp5SNj
Oven Thermometer: https://amzn.to/3mwrKw2
Digital Scale: https://amzn.to/2PNOfRf
All Other Kitchen Equipment: http://bit.ly/kitchen-equipment-shop
Film & Photography Equipment: http://bit.ly/photo-gear-shop
WANT MORE delicious VEGAN RECIPES & INSPIRATION?
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!