You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Afghan Beef Ghorma is Afghan beef stew. I make this version in the Instant Pot so you can easily make this stew even during a busy work week. The full recipe and ingredients are below.
For more Afghan recipes can go to my website here: https://afghancooks.com
2 lbs Chuck Roast (or other roast meat, trimmed)
1 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
4 cloves garlic
1 bouillon cube
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
2 Teaspoons of cumin
2 teaspoons of coriander
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
1 Cup Warm Water
1. Turn Instant Pot on saute. Then, add cooking oil.
2. Saute onions. Let them cook down. Then, add your garlic.
3. Next, you will add your spices: cumin, coriander, turmeric, black pepper, and salt.
4. After that, add your meat and brown thoroughly. You want to cover the meat in spices and onion and garlic.
5. Next, add your potatoes. Cover in 1 Cup of hot water and add the bouillon cube.
6. Set your Instant Pot for 30 minutes or cook in your pressure cooker until tender.
7. Finally, serve with some rice and a salata.