Authentic Cioppino Recipe // delicious Italian Seafood Stew
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Cioppino Recipe is loaded with fresh seafood and cooked in a delicious tomato and vegetable broth and served up with parsley and sourdough bread!
If you’re a seafood fan, then this Cioppino Recipe may be your new favorite recipe.
I called my buddy to come destroy this cioppino recipe with me because he’s obsessed with seafood, but his wife is allergic.
He tweeted me a gif that said this was the best day of his life haha. After you try this Cioppino Recipe, you might agree with that.
PRINT THIS RECIPE: https://www.billyparisi.com/focaccia-bread-recipe
Ingredients for this Focaccia Bread Recipe
For the Stew:
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 peeled and small chopped yellow onion
• 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
• 3 small chopped stalks of celery
• 1 seeded and small chopped green bell pepper
• 1 seeded and small chopped red bell pepper
• 2 cups of fish stock
• 2 28-ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes, crushed with hands
• sea salt and pepper to taste
• chopped parsley and crushed red pepper flakes for garnish
For the Seafood:
• 1 pound of manilla clams
• 1 pound of mussels
• 8 ounces of big U-15 peeled, deveined tail on shrimp
• 1 pound of crab legs, broken down
• 8 ounces of squid, tubes sliced
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
1. In a big pot over medium heat, add in the olive oil.
2. Next, add in the onions, garlic, celery and peppers and saute for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Pour in the stock and tomatoes and stew over low heat for 20 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. In a big pot of boiling salted water, batch cook the seafood from whatever takes the longest amount of time to cook to the shortest.
5. Add in the clams and cook for 3 to 4 minutes and then add in the mussels and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. All of the shells should be open.
6. Transfer the shellfish to the cioppino stew and mix in.
7. Next, add the shrimp and the crab legs and cook for 2 to 3 minutes and then add in the squid and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes or until done.
8. Also add this to the stew and stir.
9. Serve the cioppino with chopped parsley and optional crushed red pepper flakes and sliced sourdough bread.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!