You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Bak Kut Teh is a popular pork bone broth commonly served in Malaysia and Singapore. Watch my video to learn how I make this rich & fragrant herbal soup in the Instant Pot!
INGREDIENTS USED OR RECOMMENDED:
★ Star Anise – https://amzn.to/39rF4wS
★ Cinnamon Sticks – https://amzn.to/3cvtQJs
★ Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce – https://amzn.to/2XtremI
★ Dried Shiitake Mushrooms – https://amzn.to/3jb9YOL
★ Oyster Sauce – https://amzn.to/3gvonDX
★ Dark Soy Sauce – https://amzn.to/3nm3Hif
★ White Pepper – https://amzn.to/2QgRel2
8 cups water (or 7 cups water + 1 cup mushroom soaking liquid)
2.5lbs pork ribs
2 packets Bak Kut Teh herbs & spices
3-5 pieces Wisconsin American Ginseng Roots
2 whole heads of garlic, outer layers removed
3 star anise (if not included in Bak Kut Teh packets)
1 cinnamon stick (if not included in Bak Kut Teh packets)
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
10 dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated
1 tsp salt, or to taste
1 tsp sugar, or to taste
1) put pork ribs into a big pot and add just enough water into the pot to cover the ribs. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then discard the scummy water. Rinse the ribs with cool water until clean, then set aside.
2) Remove stems from the rehydrated shiitake mushrooms. Halve the mushrooms, then set aside.
3) Add all ingredients into the Instant Pot and pressure cook at high for 40 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release completely when time is complete. (Add the star anise and cinnamon stick only if they are not included in your Bak Kut Teh packets.)
4) Give the soup a taste and adjust ingredients according to your preferences.
5) Enjoy with white rice, with added tofu puffs and/or enoki mushrooms!
CONNECT WITH ME:
♡ Business Inquiries: email@example.com
♡ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rackoflam
♡ Website: https://rackoflam.com/
♡ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rackoflam
♡ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/rackoflam
♡ TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@rackoflam
♡ Twitter: https://twitter.com/rackoflam
♫ Royalty Free Music from Bensound
Some links above may be affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if anyone purchases through them. This helps support my channel so I can continue to make videos for all my viewers.
#bakkutteh #porkbonetea #ginseng #rackoflam #ginseng #princeofpeace #soup #instant pot #instantpotrecipes #chineserecipes #recipes #easyrecipes #souprecipes #cooking #food #foodie #broth #人参 #肉骨茶