BEST CANNELLONI RECIPE | Italian Ricotta and Spinach Cannelloni Pasta
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Sublime Cannelloni Recipe. Crepe Cannelloni Recipe with Ricotta and Spinach using my grandmother technique.
This cannelloni pasta recipe will literally change your life.
Share this video on FACEBOOK: http://bit.ly/cannellonirecipe
acquire the recipe: http://bit.ly/homemadecannelloni
Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://bit.ly/vincenzosplate
Subscribe to my YouTube channel! http://bit.ly/youtubeVP
Follow me on:
Instagram @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPinstagram
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPTwitter
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution” http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
CREPE CANNELLONI RICOTTA AND SPINACH
Crepes – watch video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QmfUZlRPOE
Béchamel Sauce – watch video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvnjbf7UbNY
400g fresh ricotta
A small portion of fresh parsley (chopped finely)
A small portion of fresh Italian basil
2 bottles of Italian passata (for tomato sauce)
3 thick slices of provolone cheese cut into small cubes
¼ onion (chopped finely)
2 branches of celery
3 cubes of frozen spinach or 150g (cooked and strained, making sure there is no water left inside)
2 carrots peeled and cut in half
A handful of dry mixed herbs
A pinch of cinnamon
Two pinches of rock salt
Extra virgin Olive Oil
1 glass of water
STEP ONE — TOMATO SAUCE
1. Let’s begin with the sauce. acquire a medium size saucepan and put it onto the stove at a medium heat, adding 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the finely chopped onions.
2. Stir regularly until they brown (normally this takes a couple of minutes).
3. Now add the passata and stir it in with the onions.
4. It’s now time to assist strengthen the flavour of your sauce by adding fresh herbs and vegetables.
5. First, add parsley and basil, then add the carrots.
6. Now, acquire your two branches of celery and break off the heads. Then break the celery in half using your hands if you love, and put them into your sauce as well.
7. It is important that you add the celery so don’t leave it out. The flavour it adds to your pasta sauce cannot be replaced!
8. Add 2 ½ pinches of rock salt for added flavour, and stir.
9. My secret ingredient is now the dried mixed herbs. Add 2 pinches to the sauce and continue to stir. The smell will be mouth-watering!
10. Lastly, add a glass of water to the sauce and stir it once again.
11. The sauce needs to simmer on a medium high heat for around 40 minutes with the lid on. Remember to check on and stir the sauce every 5-8 minutes so the tomato does not stick to the bottom.
STEP TWO — THE FILLING
1. put the ricotta into a mixing bowl and break it down with a fork.
2. Add your spinach to the ricotta filling, making sure it is strained so well that there is not even
a tiny bit of water left (as this can completely destroy your dish!)
3. Using the fork once again, mix your spinach through, pressing down until you see bits of
green all throughout the ricotta.
4. Sprinkle two pinches of salt into the ricotta and mix once again.
3. Add a pinch of cinnamon (I know this sounds crazy, but it is the perfect combination with
4. Grate some fresh parmesan on top to your liking and mix it in also.
5. Now, for the egg. Crack it open and drop it in. Beat the egg into the mixture and make sure
you press down with a fork so that it disappears but helps to bind all the ingredients
STEP THREE — PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER!
1. Remove the sauce from the stove as it should now be ready.
2. Take the lid off and take in the wonderful smell! You should have a tiny taste test but make sure you cool it down first- it is simply devine!
Continue Reading the recipe: http://bit.ly/homemadecannelloni
Keywords: Vincenzosplate, Vincenzos Plate, Chef Vincenzo, Italian food, recipes, Food, Sydney, Australia, Italy, Italian, Pasta, Italian recipes
#canneloni #cannelloni #canaloni #pasta #cannellonipasta #pastarecipe #italianfood #italianfoodrecipes #bechamel #italianpasta
Video recipe: http://youtu.be/m39NeDUsYuw
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!