You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Carrot Kheer in Instant Pot
Carrot – 1 & 1/2 cups
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Milk – 3 & 1/2 cups
Almonds – 15 no
* Soak almonds in hot water for 15 minutes, then peel off the skin.
* On saute
Ghee – 1 Tablespoon
Carrot (grated ) – 1 & 1/2 cups ( or 2 long carrots)
Saute in Ghee for 4 minutes
Milk – 2 cups ( or add milk till the carrot is completely covered under milk)
* Cancel Saute
* Close the lid and seal
* Manual – 2 minutes
Pressure – HIGH
Release – Natural Release
When pressure is Released , open the lid and let it cool.
* In a Blender .
* Add Almonds
* Cooled and cooked carrot mixture
* Blend into a smooth paste.
* Again on the saute
* In the same pot add this grounded mixture ,
* Add remaining milk
* Few Saffron strands soaked in little warm milk I Optional)
* Elachi (or) Cardamom – pinch ( Optional)
* Boil milk for 5 minutes
TIP : If you want kheer to be more liquid consistency, then add more milk.
Boil milk for 5 minutes
* Cancel the Saute
* Refrigerate and garnish with Pistachios or cashews .