You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Chilli soup is one of my favourite food in those perfect wintery nights. There is nothing love homemade chilli soup. It is so hearty and flavorful. This perfect combo of mince and beans is a treat for sure. It is super simple to make and super nutritious and low carb.
Making it in Instant Pot is simple peasy. You can make it really fast without compromising the taste.
3 tbsp oil
500 grams chicken mince
1 small chopped onion
3 stack of celery chopped
1 carrot chopped
3 to 4 garlic minced
2 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1 tbsp garlic and onion powder
1 tbsp sugar
Salt to taste
500 grams crushed tomatoes with water
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 cups chicken stock
Toppings : sour cream, avacado, jalapeños crackers
1. Turn your IP (Instant Pot) to sautee mode on high allow it to heat up for 3 to 4 mins
2. Add oil, chopped onion, celery and carrots sautee until soften. About 5 mins
3. Add in ground beef/chicken and fry until the colour change.
4. Add in fresh minced garlic. Fry for 2 mins
5. Add in spices, beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken stock
6. Adjust the seasoning by tasting.
7. Add sugar and mix well.
8. Bring it to a boil
9. Cancel the saute mode
10. put the lid on instant pot with valve closed to sealing
11. Select bean/chilli or pressure cook on high for 30 mins. Keep your IP nosel always up
12. After 30 mins press cancel release the pressure either manually or allow it to release naturally. Open the lid mix well.
13. Serve with your desired topping (sour cream, avocado cheddar cheese, jalapeno