You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Braised beef shank is commonly served as a cold appetizer, making it fitting for warm summer days. However, it can be served hot as well, over white rice or pan fried noodles with a thickened braising sauce. Follow my simple recipe using the Instant Pot to make this versatile meat!
★ Dark Soy Sauce – https://amzn.to/3nm3Hif
★ Less Sodium Soy Sauce – https://amzn.to/3hJr6L0
★ Oyster Sauce – https://amzn.to/3pWHsRM
★ Argo Corn Starch – https://amzn.to/397IfbD
★ Shaoxing Wine – https://amzn.to/2KZOqXp
★ Star Anise – https://amzn.to/39rF4wS
★ Cinnamon Sticks – https://amzn.to/3cvtQJs
★ Five Spice Powder: https://amzn.to/3okZhss
EQUIPMENT/TOOLS SEEN OR USED IN VIDEO:
★ Instant Pot – https://amzn.to/383TDGg
★ Tongs – https://amzn.to/3occmVy
★ Wooden Cutting Board – https://amzn.to/2MVsiOx
★ Chopsticks – https://amzn.to/3u8i5iD
★ Cutting Boards – https://amzn.to/2KSyG8p
2-3lb beef shank
1 tbsp cooking oil
big thumb of ginger, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 cinnamon stick
3 star anise
4 cups water
1/4 cup Shao Xing wine
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup dark soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp five spice powder
3 bay leaves
Sichuan peppercorns, optional
Dried chili peppers, optional
Crushed red pepper, optional
Chili sauce/oil, optional
1) Parboil the beef shank by placing it into a pot, filled with enough cool water to cover the beef. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then discard the water & impurities and rinse the beef shank with cold water. Set the beef aside.
2) Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot. When the “hot” indicator turns on, pour the cooking oil into the pot, swirling to coat evenly.
3) put the ginger and garlic into the pot and stir until you can smell their aromas.
4) Add 3 star anise and 1 cinnamon stick and stir for several seconds.
5) Transfer all the braising liquid ingredients into the pot and mix until well blended.
6) put the beef shank (either as a whole piece or cut into big chunks) into the braising liquid, ensuring that most of the beef is soaking in the liquid. See Note 1.
7) Close the lid, cancel the sauté function and pressure cook for 45 minutes. make sure the steam valve is in sealing position.
8) When time is up, do a fast release or allow the pressure to naturally release.
9) Enjoy the beef immediately over rice or pan fried noodles or allow them to cool, then refrigerate overnight, to enjoy them chilled and sliced thinly. Top with crushed red pepper and/or chili oil or chili sauce for an extra kick!
1) Beef is more flavorful when most of it is soaking in the braising liquid as it pressure cooks. However, if you plan to eat them chilled and sliced, I would advise not cutting the chunks too small, as they will be difficult to cut.
CONNECT WITH ME:
♡ Business Inquiries: email@example.com
♡ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rackoflam
♡ Website: https://rackoflam.com/
♡ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rackoflam
♡ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/rackoflam
♡ TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@rackoflam
♡ Twitter: https://twitter.com/rackoflam
♫ Patrick Patrikios – Broken
Some links above may be affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if anyone purchases through them. This helps support my channel so I can continue to make videos for all my viewers.
#braisedbeefshank #beefshank #滷牛腱 #rackoflam #instant pot #instantpotrecipe #taiwanesefood #chinesefood #asianfood #chineserecipes #asianrecipes #beef #braising #cooking