Chinese Egg Custard with Egg Tofu in the Instant Pot – Instant Pot Chinese Recipes
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
How to make Chinese steamed Egg Custard recipe using the Instant Pot. Uses 3 types of eggs as well as egg tofu. @instantpotlife
2 big chicken eggs
1 salted egg, cut salted egg yolk in 1/8 pieces.
1 preserved duck egg, cut into 1/8 pieces.
1 package of tofu such as egg tofu, cut into 1/2″ slices
3/4 cups of water
1. Crack and add 2 chicken eggs to a bowl and whisk.
2. Next add in the salted egg white, water and whisk again. Set bowl aside.
3. put salted egg yolk, preserved duck egg into a dish.
4. Add the egg mixture into the dish.
5. Add the egg tofu into the dish.
6. Open the lid, add 1 cup of water and put trivet inside.
7. put egg custard dish on top of trivet.
8. Close lid, select Steam for 15 minutes.
*You can eat a plain or add some soy sauce. Better yet, use the sauce from braised beef dish.
Check out my website www.MYinstantpotlife.com
Subscribe to my channel for more recipes:
For the sauce, refer to the Braised Beef Shank using the Instant Pot recipe:
More recipes love this one:
Complete instructions on how to make yogurt in the Instant Pot. https://youtu.be/K2JLgPxsw0k
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!