Chinese Meat Appetizer – Chinese Braised Beef – Instant Pot Beef Shank
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Chinese Braised Beef shank – cold appetizer – Instant Pot Beef @instantpotlife
– 1 tablespoon of green onion
– 2 tablespoons of ginger, minced
– 2 tablespoons of oil
– 1.5-2lb beef shank
– 1 tablespoon vinegar
– 1/4 cup of light soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
– Rock sugar to taste (I use about 2 tablespoons bc I love it a bit sweeter. I would recommend 1 tablespoon to begin)
– 1 cup of water
– Sesame oil to taste (in dipping sauce)
– Star anise
1. Open the lid, Select Saute.
2. Add your oil, ginger and green onions.
3. Then sear the outside of your beef shank.
4. Once seared, add both types of soy sauce, vinegar, your rock sugar and water.
5. Add in star anise. make sure it’s submerged in liquid.
6. Close the lid. Select the Meat/Stew button. This will set it for high pressure cooking for 35 minutes.
7. When done, let the pressure release naturally (around 10 minutes).
8. (Optional) put in fridge for 4 hours with sauce.
9. cut braised beef and serve with dipping sauce.
10. To make dipping sauce, combine 1/4 cup of the braised beef sauce with 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil.
Check out my website www.MYinstantpotlife.com
Subscribe to my channel for more recipes:
More recipes love this one:
Complete instructions on how to make yogurt in the Instant Pot. https://youtu.be/K2JLgPxsw0k
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!