You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Chinese TURNIP CAKE (White Radish Cake) Recipe – Instant Pot Chinese Dim Sum recipe – 蘿蔔糕
3/4 cups Rice Flour
1/4 cup Wheat Starch
2.5 cups White turnip, grated
3 pieces Dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and then chopped
2 Chinese sausages, chopped
1/4 cup Dried shrimp, soaked
1 Dried scallop, soaked
1 teaspoon Salt
1.5 cups water (you can use water used to soak mushrooms too)
1. Rinse mushrooms, dried shrimp and dried scallop and then soak in water separately. Soak overnight is best, if not, at least a few hours.
2. chop mushrooms and Chinese sausages.
3. Break apart dried scallop.
4. Peel and grate turnip.
5. Mix rice flour and wheat starch with 1/2 cup of water or water leftover from soaking mushrooms.
6. Combine flour mixture with turnip, mushroom, shrimp, scallop, Chinese sausage and 1 cup of water.
7. Add salt and mix well.
8. Scoop mixture into pans.
9. Open lid, add 1 cup water to Instant Pot liner, then add trivet and pans of uncooked turnip cake.
10. Close lid. Select pressure cook, high pressure cooking, for 12 minutes.
11. When done, fast release.
Subscribe to my channel for more recipes:
Check out my website www.MYinstantpotlife.com
Background music from www.bensound.com