You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Creamy polenta is super simple to make and is essentially the Italian version of grits! Whether you are eating creamy polenta or even polenta cakes, I know you will love this recipe.
Talk about a ridiculously simple to make but tasty side dish to serve up at any meal. Creamy polenta is not only delicious as a side dish but it also a recipe that works great as a main component of a main meal.
For example, you can fold in roasted vegetables and chicken into a cooked creamy polenta recipe, or you can put some creamy shrimp all over the top of it.
I recommend to people to try and use polenta as the base of a main entree or as a side dish or eat it as it because this creamy polenta recipe is absolutely delicious all by itself.
PRINT THIS RECIPE: https://www.billyparisi.com/creamy-polenta-recipe-parmesan-cheese/
Ingredients for this Creamy Polenta Recipe:
• 1 1/2 tablespoon olive poil olive oil
• 1/2 small chopped small yellow onion
• 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
• 6 cups of chicken stock, vegetable stock or water
• 2 cups of ground yellow cornmeal
• 2 ounces unsalted butter
• 2/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
• sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1. In a medium size pot on medium heat add in the olive oil and cook the onions until they are browned, about 3 to 4 minutes while occasionally stirring. Add in the garlic and cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Next, pour in the stock and bring it to a boil.
3. Pour in the cornmeal while continuing to stir. Turn the heat down to low and stir until the polenta is al dente or slightly crunchy, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Finish off the polenta by stirring in butter, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper until completely combined. Cook for a further 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Serve hot, enjoy!