You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
The second of our Flexitarian Meals in an Instant with Healthy Living James.
Cook-along with James this week as he makes a one pot Vegan ‘Cheesy’ Pasta Bake that is gluten free, dairy free, and made all in the Instant Pot Pro Crisp & Air Fryer. This one pot wonder starts with pressure cooking, before a fast switch of the lid to then grill the top. So fast and so simple – and only one pot at the stop to wash up – win win!
acquire the Recipe: https://instantbrands.co.uk/vegan-cheesy-pasta-bake/
• 500g pasta, I used Gluten free
• 1 Litre water
• Generous pinch of salt
• 2 slices bread, I used Gluten Free
• 1 sprig rosemary
• 1-2 sprigs thyme
• Pinch of salt
• Pinch of garlic granules
• 100g cashews
• 2 garlic cloves
• 2 tsp dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 125ml almond milk
• Salt & pepper
• 100g grated vegan cheese
1. Add the pasta, water and salt to the pot and stir.
2. Select Pressure Cook on the Instant Pot and set the time for 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add the bread, rosemary, thyme, salt, garlic granules to a 4. blender and pulse into bread crumbs. Remove and put into a bowl and set aside.
4. Now in an empty blender, add the cashews, garlic cloves, dijon mustard, olive oil, almond milk, pinch of salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
5. When the cooking program finished, remove the lid and stir through the cashew sauce and grated cheese.
6. Flatten the saucy pasta, then sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and change to the air fryer lid and secure on top of the pot.
7. Select Grill and set the temperature tot 232°C and the time for 6 minutes.
8. Cook until crispy, then enjoy!
Stay tuned and subscribe to our channel ready for next week when James will be back cooking up another recipe!