You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
1 ½ cups chopped yellow onion (1 small onion)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 carrots (sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds or half rounds if big)
3 ribs celery (chopped)
½ pound sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped into ¾-inch pieces)
½ pound Yukon gold potatoes (chopped into ½-inch pieces)
4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
4 cloves garlic (minced)
14.5 ounces canned fire roasted chopped tomatoes
1 cup chopped green beans (1-inch pieces) (fresh or frozen)
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¾ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
¾ cup frozen peas (no need to thaw)
2 bay leaves
To sauté the vegetables, I use a generous amount of olive oil. It enhances the soup’s flavor and richness.
Onion, celery, and carrots: This trinity of vegetables serves as a basic layer of flavor in many of the best soup recipes.
Potatoes, Yukon Gold: Potatoes make this soup rich and filling. Gold potatoes work best because they hold their shape better than russets and don’t fall apart as easily.
Sweet Potatoes: Using sweet potatoes in addition to gold potatoes gives the soup a more rich flavor. If you don’t want to use sweet potatoes, you can use extra gold potatoes instead.
Green Beans: You can use fresh or frozen green beans in this recipe. If you’re going to use frozen green beans, make sure they’re sliced into 1-inch chunks.
Garlic is used to add flavor.
Low-sodium vegetable broth helps you to better manage the quantity of salt in the soup.
chopped Fire-Roasted Tomatoes: I love adding fire-roasted tomatoes to soups because they add another dimension of flavor. If you can’t acquire fire roasted tomatoes, normal canned chopped tomatoes will suffice.
Italian spice, paprika, salt, pepper, and bay leaves are just a few of the seasonings that make this soup so great!
Frozen Peas: Because frozen peas cook quickly, you’ll add them at the stop of the cooking time.
SOUP WITH VEGETABLES: HOW TO make IT
1. In a Dutch oven or other big heavy pot, heat the olive oil.
2. Soften the onion and celery in a skillet.
3. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often, after adding the carrots, gold potatoes, and sweet potatoes.
4. Add the garlic and simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Add the vegetable broth and whisk everything well, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
6. Add the green beans, chopped fire-roasted tomatoes, and spices.
7. Bring the soup to a low heat and keep it there. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cover the saucepan after it has reached a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until the veggies are practically soft.
8. Add the peas and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve and have fun!