You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Idly is one of the most popular breakfast food in Southern part of India. To make it healthier, I prepared these idlies with moong dal instead of rice which are perfect for the diabetic or anyone looking for rice-free recipes. Goes well with sambar and chutney.
Yellow moong dal – 1 cup
Urad dal – 1cup
Mustard seeds -1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Chana dal – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 6
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Coriander leaves – finely chopped
Salt to taste
1. Wash the moong dal, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds for 2-3 times. Soak them in enough water for 6hrs or overnight.
2. Drain the water from the dal and blend it into a smooth paste with an approximately ½ cup of water.
3. Cover and rest the batter in a cool put overnight or 8hrs for fermentation.
4. Next, heat a pan on low-medium flame.
5. Once the pan is hot, add mustard seeds. Let the mustard seeds splutter.
6. Now, add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, curry leaves, and chana dal and saute for a minute.
7. Add this mixture to the fermented batter and mix well so that there are no lumps.
8. Grease the idli plates with oil. Fill the idly mold with ¾ of the batter
9. instant pot, add water to the main pot.
10. put the idly plates in the IP. Close the lid.
11. Set the settings to STEAM MODE – VENTING POSITION – 12 mins. Set the external timer ( timer won’t work on steam mode ).
12. Open the lid after 3 mins ( NPR ).
13. Once the plates cooled down, use the butter knife to gently remove the idlis.
14. Serve the hot idlis with sambar and chutney.
Enjoy and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to my channel for more yummy and healthy recipes. Your comments and feedback are appreciated.
Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/SimplyMindfu…