Instant Pot – Beef Stew
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
I came up with this recipe based on the ingredients that I love. I had never fixed beef stew before so for my first attempt I chose to make it in the Instant Pot. I really had no thought if I was doing it right or if it would even be edible.
I was so excited that it turned out great! It was absolutely delicious and so simple to make too!
I hope you enjoy this video and I encourage you to take the plunge and try this recipe.
Thank you for watching!
Please “love” & “subscribe”
Music courtesy of YouTube audio library.
My fb group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/774882375993091/
PO Box 1624
Olive Hill, KY 41164
Product links below:
Instant Pot Beef Stew
2 lbs beef stew pieces
1 big onion, cut into chunks
2 cups baby carrots
2 cups mushrooms (cut in halves if they are big)
2 big potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
3 Tb. Brown gravy mix
3 Tb. Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
¼ tsp. celery seed
Salt & Pepper
2 cups beef broth
1. In a big bowl, add stew pieces, onion, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add brown gravy mix, ranch seasoning and celery seed. Stir well to coat beef and vegetables.
4. Spoon mixture into Instant Pot.
5. Pour beef broth over mixture.
6. On Instant Pot, select “Manual” and set timer for 15 minutes.
7. When cook time has finished select the “Cancel” button on Instant Pot.
8. do fast pressures release by carefully turning pressure valve to venting position.
9. When all pressure has released, remove lid.
To thicken broth:
Remove meat and vegetables from Instant Pot and set aside. In a bowl combine 3 Tb cold water and 3 Tb cornstarch. Mix well.
Select the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot and allow beef broth to come to a rolling boil.
When broth has come to rolling boil, slowly add the cornstarch mixture. Stir with whisk until desired thickness is achieved.
Select the “Cancel” button on Instant Pot.
Carefully remove inner pot and pour beef broth mixture over the meat and vegetables.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!