You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
This video shows you how to make a breakfast casserole in your instant pot. My family has always made this recipe in the oven, but I adapted it to the instant pot.
1 lb sausage
6 pieces of bread (day aged, broiled, or other firm bread)
1 tsp of dry mustard
1 tsp of salt
2 cups of milk
2 cups of shredded cheese
1. Set your pot to saute mode (high) and brown your sausage while you prepare your other ingredients
2. Break bread into small cube sized pieces
3. Add cheese on top of bread
4. In another bowl, scramble 6 eggs
5. To the eggs, add dry mustard, salt, and milk
6. When sausage is finished, drain grease if needed then add to the bread and cheese, then add egg mixture
7. Grease your pan/steamer & Pour the entire mixture into your cake pan or stacked steamer
8. Set your instant pot to manual, high pressure for 25 minutes
9. When finished, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then fast release
10. Check to make sure it is finished – if not, add 5 more minutes
I organize all of my recipes with a fabulous web-based program (that also has an app) called Plan to Eat. It allows you to catalog your recipes, import from the web with one click, easily change serving sizes, plan a menu by dragging and dropping, and make your shopping list from your menu. It also combines the various amounts of the same ingredient so you don’t have to! Here is my referral link, from which I receive a small commission if you determine to join – you acquire a 30-day free trial first: https://www.plantoeat.com/ref/karynwarren