You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Instant Pot Bulalo is a Filipino beef shank soup. In fact to be called Bulalo the soup must contain beef shanks with marrow, otherwise it is just Beef Nilaga. This is a really hearty and nutrient rich soup thanks to the bones. It is basically Filipino bone broth. The vegetables can be interchanged but don’t skip out on the beef shanks.
Now, go cook something!
2-3 lb Beef Shanks
1 lb Beef Stew Meat
1 big Onion
1/2 Head of Cabbage
1 tbsp Whole Black Peppercorns
4 Ears Corn on the Cob
1-4 tbsp Salt
6-8 Cups Water Just use enough to cover everything in the Instant Pot and reach just shy of the max fill line.
1. cut the whole onion into quarters and remove the skins.
2. cut the cabbage into quarters and then rinse it.
3. cut the corn cobs into 1 inch discs.
4. put the beef shanks, stew meat, onion, black pepper, and salt in the inner pot.
5. Pour enough water to cover all of the ingredients and it reaches just shy of the max fill line.
6. make sure you have your all-purpose sealing ring inside the lid of your instant pot.
7. put the lid on the Instant Pot, lock it and make sure the toggle is set on sealing.
8. Press the manual button and select 30 minutes.
9. Once the Instant Pot beeps let it sit for 10 minutes to do a natural release.
10. After the 10 minutes has passed release the pressure and open the instant pot.
11. Stir everything and give the soup a taste. This is where you can adjust the salt level.
12. Add in the corn and replace and lock the lid. make sure the toggle is on sealing.
13. Press the manual button and select 10 minutes.
14. Once the Instant Pot beeps immediately release the pressure and remove the lid.
15. Press the cancel/off button and then put in the cabbage. It is a tight fit but the cabbage will cook down and shrink.
16. Press the Saute button and select the more setting using the adjust button. This should take between 10 and 20 minutes.
17. Alternatively you can put the cabbage in and then close the lid. Leave the unit on the Keep warm setting and the cabbage will soften up in around 30 minutes to an hour. I love to make the soup in the afternoon and then throw the cabbage in and leave it on warm until dinner time.
Royalty Free Music: bensound.com
LINKS USED IN THE DESCRIPTION MAY OR MAY NOT BE AFFILIATE LINKS
By using the affiliate links I earn a small fee of your purchase, it does not cost you anything extra to use them. They assist me to be able to make more videos for you. Thank you for the support!
Instant Pot Links:
Instant Pot Lux 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker: https://amzn.to/34baqpm
Instant Pot Silicone Ring 3 Pack: https://amzn.to/314JaH5
Instant Pot Trivett with Handles: https://amzn.to/3iSgXJI
Silicone Pan Scrapers: https://amzn.to/2Ya9HRe
Mealthy Crisplid (Use Code DADGOTTHIS for $10 OFF!): https://mealthy.com/products/?rfsn=3784706.0c35f6
Silicone Egg Bites Mold: https://amzn.to/2DW4lm5