INSTANT POT CHICKEN CONGEE | 1 HOUR MEAL | ASIAN COMFORT FOOD | DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Chicken congee is ultimate asian comfort food and perfect for the colder months. It’s so creamy and comforting and packed with protein to keep you full and satisfied. So many asian countries have a variation of this dish because it is so tasty! Today’s version is an simple and fast way on Chinese chicken congee.
This recipe is the ultimate TASTY LAZY COOKING to warm your bellies during the fall and winter season.
Ingredients (makes 6-8 servings):
8 chicken drumsticks with bone and skin (I added 2 extra for Kato)
1 cup of long grain white rice (I used Jasmin rice)
9 cups of cold water
1 big thumb of ginger (roughly 2-3 tablespoons)
salt and pepper
green onion for garnish
1. Wash rice thoroughly until water runs clear. This can be done in the Instant Pot.
2. Peel ginger and thinly chop into small strips
3. To the Instant Pot, add 9 cups of cold water, all the chicken drumsticks, and the sliced ginger.
4. Move the knob at the top of the Instant Pot to the “Sealing” position
5. Set Instant Pot to cook on high pressure for 30 minutes
6. Let Instant Pot naturally release for 15-20 minutes. Or you can wait until it depressurizes completely as well.
7. Move the knob at the top of the Instant Pot to the “Venting Position”
8. Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and separate bones from the meat.
9. To thicken the congee, press “Sautee” and stir every 1-2 minutes to avoid congee from sticking to the bottom. Add more water here if you desire a thinner consistency.
10. Add chicken back into the Instant Pot and season with salt and pepper
11. Garnish with green onion and devour 🙂
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!