Instant Pot Chili | Vegan + Dried Beans
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
In this video, I show you how to make vegan chili in the Instant Pot using dried beans.
Makes 5-6 servings
– 2/3 cup dried kidney beans
– 2/3 cup dried navy beans
– 2/3 cup dried black beans
– 1/3 cup dried red lentils
– 1.5 bell pepper
– 3 celery stalks
– 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
– 1.5 onion
– 3 cups chopped tomatoes
– 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
– 2 tbsp tomato paste
– 2 tbsp chopped garlic
– 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon (veg)
– 1 tbsp chilli powder
– 1 tbsp cumin
1. chop the celery, bell peppers and onions.
2. Rinse beans and lentils.
3. Add 3 cups of water to instant pot. Add all ingredients except celery, corn, quinoa, 1/2 amount of onion and 1/2 amount of pepper. Stir well.
4. Cook on high pressure for 33 minutes. Cook your quinoa while you’re waiting.
5. Let pot release naturally for 15 minutes. Then let out any more pressure.
6. Add in the rest of veggies and quinoa. Stir and serve.
101 Reasons to go Vegan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4HJc…
The Best Speech You’ll Ever Hear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U0…
WATCH THESE 3 DOCUMENTARIES:
1. Forks Over Knives
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!