You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Instant Pot Chinese BBQ Pork Char Siu 叉燒 Recipe
* 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder or pork butt
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* ½ teaspoon five spice
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
* ½ teaspoon sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon rice wine, optional
Ingredients for basting:
* 2 tablespoons honey
1. cut pork into 2” thick strips. About 3-4 pieces
2. Marinate pork with all ingredients for a few hours or overnight.
3. Open Instant Pot, put trivet. 1/2 cup water,and marinated pork on top.
4. Close Instant Pot and Pressure Cook for 40 mins.
5. When done, Baste pork with honey. Then Broil in oven or using Instant Pot Air fryer at 400F for about 5-10 minutes. Baste with honey again, cut and serve.
Subscribe to my channel for more recipes:
Check out my website www.MYinstantpotlife.com
Audio / soundtrack: