Instant Pot Chinese Beef Brisket Stew with Daikon simple Recipe (蘿蔔燜牛腩) | Rack of Lam
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Chinese beef brisket stew is one of my go-to orders at a Chinese restaurant. They’re delicious over rice, chow mein or hor fun. Follow my recipe to learn how to make this easily in your Instant Pot!
SUPPORT my channel ♡♡
★ Chu Hou Paste – https://amzn.to/3qrUDN5
★ Corn Starch – https://amzn.to/397IfbD
★ Lite Soy Sauce – https://amzn.to/3bfWJJ3
★ Shaoxing Wine – https://amzn.to/2KZOqXp
1.5lb beef brisket, cut into chunks
1.5lb beef shank, cut into chunks
5-6 thick slices of ginger
1.5lb daikon radish, peelef and cut into big pieces
1 tbsp cooking oil
Corn starch slurry (2 tbsp corn starch mixed with 2 tbsp water)
4 tbsp chu hou paste
2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 cup beef or chicken broth
3 star anise
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1) put brisket and shank chunks into a big pot and fill with enough cool water to cover the beef. Bring water to a full boil over high heat. Discard scummy water then rinse the beef until clean and set them aside.
2) Press sauté on your Instant Pot and wait until the hot indicator is on.
3) Transfer oil into the pot, swirling to coat evenly, then add the ginger and stir until aromatic.
4) Add the chu hou paste, beef and remaining marinade ingredients, then stir to deglaze the pot.
5) Cancel the sauté function. Close the lid, ensuring the steam valve is in sealing position, then pressure cook on high for 40 minutes.
6) Allow pressure to naturally release or do a fast release.
7) Turn on sauté mode again, then gradually pour in corn starch slurry while stirring continuously until the stew is thickened.
8) Serve with rice or noodles and garnish with optional scallions. Enjoy!
CONNECT WITH ME:
♡ Business Inquiries: email@example.com
♡ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rackoflam
♡ Website: https://rackoflam.com/
♡ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rackoflam
♡ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/rackoflam
♡ TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@rackoflam
♡ Twitter: https://twitter.com/rackoflam
♫ Quincas Moreira – Entire
Some links above may be affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if anyone purchases through them. This helps support my channel so I can continue to make videos for all my viewers.
#蘿蔔燜牛腩 #beefstew #braisedbeef #beefbrisket #beefshank #rackoflam #chineserecipes #recipes #chinesefood #cooking #food #foodie #foodporn #asianfood #asianfoodporn #beefrecipes
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!