You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Instant Pot Chinese Sticky Rice 糯米飯 / Taiwanese Oil Rice 油飯
3 cups white glutinous rice (using rice measuring cup)
3 cups water(using rice measuring cup)
4 Chinese mushrooms, soaked overnight and then chopped
2 Chinese sausage, chopped
1/2 Chinese style pork belly (about 1/2 cup), chopped
1/4 cup Dried shrimp, soaked overnight is best
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 tablespoons Soy Sauce, more to taste
1. Open instant pot and select sauté. Add in sausage, pork belly and sauté for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in shrimp, mushrooms, and salt and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Turn off sauté. Remove ingredients.
4. First, add in uncooked rice and water.
5. Next add in sautéed ingredients.
6. Close instant pot and select rice for 15 minutes. When done, fast release, add in soy sauce to taste, mix and serve warm.
Subscribe to my channel for more recipes:
Check out my website www.MYinstantpotlife.com
Audio / soundtrack:
Ready for Summer by Roa https://soundcloud.com/roa_music1031
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/al-ready-for-summer
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/yiR-hhoV9TU