You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
INSTANT POT CHICKEN CONGEE
Chicken congee is a warm and comforting rice porridge, also known as “jook” in Cantonese. This is a simple recipe that is simple to make. When you make congee in the Instant Pot you don’t have to worry about it boiling over and making a mess of your stovetop. You just put the lid on, set the time, and forget about it until it’s done!
1 cup long grain jasmine rice
8 cups of water
5 skinless bone-in chicken thighs
2 inch piece of ginger, washed, peeled and chopped into thin slivers
3-4 green onions. green part only
1-2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon white pepper, or to taste
1. put the rice in the Instant Pot liner, and rinse the rice 2-3 times under cold running water. Wipe the bottom and the rim of the Instant Pot liner dry with a towel, and then put the liner in the Instant Pot.
2. Add 8 cups of cold water, then put the chicken thighs on top, and half of the slivered ginger.
3. Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 20 minutes (porridge button), and let the Instant Pot naturally release completely (this takes about 30 minutes). If the float valve (“pin”) has not dropped, release the remaining pressure by turning the knob to the venting position. When the float valve has dropped, this means the Instant Pot has depressurized and it is safe to open.
4. Wash and finely chop the green onions. This will be used to garnish the congee.
5. Open the Instant Pot and remove the chicken thighs. Using tongs, discard the bones, and roughly shred the chicken. Bring the congee up to a boil using the saute mode, and add the shredded chicken to the congee. If the congee is too thick, stir in a cup of hot water to thin the congee. Then add the salt and white pepper to taste.
6. Ladle the congee into serving bowls and garnish with the remaining slivered ginger and green onions.
Check out my INSTANT POT CONGEE with MINCED PORK video here: https://youtu.be/vN-vqrBUrWo
Thank you for watching! If you love my videos, please give me a thumbs up, and if you love to see more of my videos, hit the subscribe button and notification bell!
#congee #InstantPotrecipes #francineshuen