You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
INSTANT POT CONGEE WITH MINCED PORK
A warm and comforting Chinese rice porridge (called “jook” in Cantonese) that can be eaten at breakfast, lunch or dinner and also as a snack. Congee can be eaten with meat and vegetables or customized with a multitude of delicious toppings such as fried Chinese donuts, roasted peanuts, dried pork, deep fried shallots, and the list goes on.
1 cup long grain rice (I’m using jasmine rice.)
8 cups of water
1 lb lean ground pork
3-4 green onions , chopped (I only use the green part)
2 inch piece of ginger
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Shao Hsing cooking wine
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp vegetable oil (I’m using avocado oil)
1. Rinse rice 2 times under cold running water, and then drain. put washed rice in Instant Pot.
2. Add 8 cups of water to the Instant Pot.
3. Set Instant Pot to high pressure for 20 minutes (porridge button), and let the Instant Pot naturally release completely (this takes about 30 minutes).
4. Marinate the ground pork with 1 tsp of grated ginger, 1 clove garlic (minced), salt, white pepper, sugar, soy sauce, Shao Hsing cooking wine, cornstarch and vegetable oil.
5. Finely sliver the remaining ginger. You should have about 1/4 cup of slivered ginger. Divide the slivered ginger in half, as we will mix half into the congee, and the other half will be used as garnish.
6. Open the Instant Pot and whisk the congee for a few minutes to make it more smooth and creamy. Then turn the Instant Pot to saute mode. Bring the congee to a gentle boil and add the marinated ground pork in little by little and stir the congee until the pork is cooked , about 5 minutes. Turn off the Instant Pot and stir in half of the slivered ginger.
7. Taste the congee and add more salt and pepper to taste, or a bit of soy sauce for more saltiness.
8. Garnish bowls of congee with chopped green onions and slivered ginger. You’re done, enjoy!!
#congeerecipes #instantpotrecipes #francineshuen