You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Authentic Italian Meatballs, done in the Instant Pot!!!
In the summer we spent some time in Naples with an Italian family. Our host nonna (grandma) cooked meatballs with us one night and they were so incredible, we decided to convert them to the Instant Pot!
We hope everyone enjoys them as much as we do!
2 x Eggs
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
Handful of chopped parsley
1 x Onion
2 x Minced garlic cloves
2x 14oz Cans tomatoes + Half cup of water
1 Tbsp tomato puree
Handful of torn basil leaves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp italian seasoning
1. For the meatballs, mix all ingredients together and make into meatballs. Set aside and prepare to sauté meatballs. Once meatballs are lightly browned set aside. Don’t cook the meatballs through, just brown until they are nice and charred on the outside.
2. For the sauce, drain the excess grease from the pan, but leave any crispy bits that have dropped off from the meatballs.
3. Add pot add oil, chopped onions and minced garlic. After the onions turn clear, add the cans of tomatoes with half a cup of water, tomato puree and basil and stir, then add sugar,Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
4. Add meatballs gradually, using a spoon to make sure all are covered.
5. Boil spaghetti whilst waiting and garnish with parmesan & basil.
6. Enjoy, love and subscribe to our YouTube and Facebook! You don’t want to miss the exciting content we have coming up!