INSTANT POT LASAGNA SOUP | vegan & gf
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
This soup is incredible. It’s fast, it’s simple and it tastes exactly love lasagna – but in soup form! Plus, it’s totally vegan, gluten free and oil free so it’s great for all types of eaters. make this for your next dinner party and your guests will absolutely love you! 🍅✨
FULL RECIPE: https://kristenpound.com/youtube/instantpotlasagnasoup
#instant pot #lasagnasoup #vegan
+ Listen to the ‘How To Vegan’ Podcast: https://kristenpound.com/podcast
+ acquire my $5 Healthy Vegan Starter Kit: https://goo.gl/19puwX
+ Become a Health Coach: https://geti.in/2tpeTnH
▼ INSTANT POT LASAGNA SOUP RECIPE ▼
✨ inspired by Vegan Richa: https://goo.gl/bQ2pVz ✨
vegan / gluten free / oil free
– 1/4 c. veg broth (FYI: you’ll need ~ 7 1/2 cups total)
– 1 yellow onion, chopped
– 4-5 big cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
– 2 tbsp. tomato paste
– 1 1/2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
– 1/2 tsp. onion powder
– 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
– 1/2 tsp. ground fennel
– 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
– 5 c. veggies of your choice, roughly chopped
– 1/2 c. red lentils, uncooked
– 2 c. tomato sauce
– 2 cans of chopped tomatoes, undrained (~3 cups) (I used fire roasted)
– 7 c. vegetable broth
– 9 oz. lasagna sheets, broken into small pieces (I used GF brown rice/no boil lasagna noods)
– 1 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
– squeeze of fresh lemon juice
– 2 c. packed spinach
– optional toppings:
– fresh basil
– ricotta (I used Kite Hill Almond Milk Ricotta)
– toasted pine nuts
– vegan mozzarella
1. Heat Instant pot on sauté mode (normal heat) until hot. Add in 1/4 c. of vegetable broth as well as the onion, garlic, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt. Cook for 3 mins, stirring occasionally, adding more vegetable broth if needed.
2. While still on sauté mode, add the tomato paste as well as the Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, fennel, and nutritional yeast and let everything acquire all toasty for a couple of minutes, stirring often.
3. Add in the veggies, red lentils, tomato sauce, and chopped tomatoes. Mix well. Add the vegetable broth, broken lasagna sheets salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
4. Close the lid and cook on manual for 3 minutes. make sure your pressure cooker is set to high and that the valve on top is turned to ‘sealing’. (The settings may vary depending on the type of IP you have.)
5. After the 3 minutes is up, let the pressure release for 10 minutes and then manually release the rest of the pressure by turning the valve to ‘venting’. Be careful, it’s usually super hot!
6. Open the lid, squeeze in the lemon juice and mix well. Adjust seasonings to taste. I usually stop up adding a bit more nutritional yeast, salt & pepper.
7. Fold in the spinach and let the soup sit for a couple of minutes while the spinach wilts a bit.
8. Serve with freshly chopped basil, vegan pesto, vegan ricotta, vegan mozzarella, and garlic bread. Okay, so maybe not all of those at once, but you do you! I prefer mine topped with freshly chopped basil, vegan ricotta and pesto. Mmmmm. Enjoy!
NOTE: I recommend making this ahead of time, as the flavors will acquire much more intense over time.
▼ STUFF I MENTIONED ▼
Kite Hill Ricotta: https://bit.ly/2EerP2j
▼ FOLLOW ME ▼
YouTube: Kristen Pound
FB group: How To Vegan
Cameras: Canon M50 (https://amzn.to/2ZflBrw) + Canon 80D (https://goo.gl/3Yvwc8)
Music: Epidemic Sound & YouTube Audio Library
Editing Software: Adobe Premiere
assist subtitle my videos! https://goo.gl/iSHrNJ
Don’t forget to subscribe, love, comment and share!
Thank you SO much for watching!
I love all of youuuuu! ❤️
– KristenPound.com –
⬇ Vegan Documentaries To Watch ⬇
– Forks Over Knives
– What The Health
– The Game Changers
– Earthlings (WARNING: Very graphic images!)
– Dominion (WARNING: Very graphic images!)
– Food, Inc.
– Food Matters
– Fed Up
– The Cove
– Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
NOTE: Some affiliate links may be included in this video description.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor or a nutritionist, but I do have a Health Coaching certification through The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Learn more about IIN here: https://geti.in/2tpeTnH
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!