Instant Pot Paal Kozhukattai Recipe | Sweetened Coconut milk Dessert with Rice Flour Dumplings
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Paal Kozhukattai is a delicious Indian dessert made by cooking rice dumplings with sweetened coconut milk. Try making this recipe in Instant Pot for coming Ganesh Chaturthi festival and enjoy it with your family and friends!!
Rice flour – 1/2 cup
Salt – a pinch
Sugar – 1 tsp
Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp
Oil or Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
Milk – 1 1/2 cups
Coconut Milk – 1 1/2 cups
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Add Rice flour, salt, tsp of sugar, grated coconut and oil to a bowl and mix it well.
2. Take a tbsp of flour mixture, add it to the Instant pot and keep it aside.
3. Add hot water to the remaining flour mixture and mix it without any lumps.
4. When the mixture is cold enough to handle, form it into a soft dough. make small balls of dough and put it in the Instant Pot Insert Pan and keep it ready.
5. Add 1/2 cup of water, coconut milk and whole milk to the Instant Pot and mix it. put a trivet and add the Instant pot Insert pan on it.
6. Close the lid and set the pressure valve to Sealing. Set the Pressure cook for 5 minutes. Once done, release the pressure after 5 minutes.
7. Take out the insert pan and trivet from the Instant Pot.
8. Turn on sauté mode and add 3/4 cup of Sugar. Stir it well and let the sugar dissolves for 5 minutes.
9. Add the cooked Kozhukattai balls, tsp of cardamom powder and turn off the sauté mode.
10. Paal Kozhukattai is ready to serve!!
Follow on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/chiramascooking/
Thank you for watching!!
Subscribe for more Instant Pot Recipes!!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!