Instant Pot Pot Roast
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
This classic dish must be in your Instant Pot repertoire! Try different combinations of ingredients to acquire the flavor you love best.
4 TB avocado oil
3 lb chuck roast
1 medium onion, chopped
1 lb mushrooms, halved or quartered
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 TB fresh thyme leaves (or 2 tsp dried)
1 TB crushed red pepper
2 TB tomato paste
1½ cups light beer (or red wine, beef broth, water, or a mix)
2 lbs root vegetables (rutabaga, carrot, parsnip, potato)
2 TB cornstarch + 2 TB water
1. Brown the meat on all sides in 2 TB oil (on sauté setting) and remove to a side plate.
2. Add 2 TB oil and sweat the chopped veggies, adding ingredients up through the cooking liquid before returning the meat.
3. Cook on manual/high for 45 minutes and then do a fast pressure release.
4. Add root vegetables over the top and cook again on manual/high for 20 minutes with a 30-minute natural pressure release.
5. Remove the meat to a platter and turn the pot back to sauté to bring to a light boil.
6. Add cornstarch and water mixture and mix constantly until the sauce thickens.
7. Spoon veggies and sauce over the meat and serve.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!