You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ CLICK FOR RECIPE ⬇️⬇️⬇️
For Ribs and Rub:
2 racks of baby back ribs
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
For Homemade BBQ Sauce:
1 cup cold water
6 oz can tomato paste low sodium
1/2 cup applesauce
3 tbsp molasses
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp liquid smoke
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1. In a small bowl, add chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, pepper, salt and whisk with a fork.
2. In Instant Pot, add 1 cup water and put trivet inside.
3. Remove membrane from the back of the ribs by sliding butter knife or spoon handle under. If slippery, use paper towel to pull off membrane. Some ribs might not have it.
4. Sprinkle each side of ribs with spice mixture. Don’t rub as a lot of seasonings will stop up sticking to your fingers.
5. put ribs in Instant Pot, on their side and curling in a circle. Close the lid, set pressure valve to Sealing and press Pressure Cook on High or Manual for 25 minutes.
6. While ribs are cooking, combine water, tomato paste, applesauce, molasses, apple cider vinegar, honey, onion and garlic powders, mustard, liquid smoke and cayenne pepper in a small pot and stir. Bring to a boil and cook half covered on low heat for 10 minutes. Set aside.
7. After 25 minute cook time is over, let pressure in wait for 15 minutes and then turn valve to Venting to release remaining pressure.
8. Preheat broiler to 500 degrees F and position oven rack in the middle. Also prep baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or silicone baking mat for broiling.
9. Ribs will be very tender. Open the lid, remove ribs carefully using silicone stop tongs and put on baking sheet. They probably will fall apart in half, no worries. So tender!
10. Brush top and sides with generous amount of BBQ sauce and broil for 4-5 minutes. cut with serrated knife between bones.
📝Healthy meal plans https://ifoodrealmealplans.com/
🛍ALWAYS IN MY KITCHEN (affiliate):
Favorite Air Fryer https://amzn.to/3bGM7Cv
6 Quart Instant Pot LUX https://amzn.to/2Z99gUY
8 Quart Instant Pot DUO https://amzn.to/2IAEoJr
Measuring spoons https://amzn.to/2AYEa8W
Measuring cups https://amzn.to/3nvJg5e
Favorite blender https://amzn.to/2WdKhDk
Sharp Chef’s Knife https://amzn.to/332sTR1
4 cup glass measuring cup https://amzn.to/2ZUb9dA
Unbleached parchment paper https://amzn.to/3pzArqV
Favorite dutch oven https://amzn.to/2YjLcPu
Glass bowls https://amzn.to/31jvRR1
Healthy cooking spray https://amzn.to/2WSkDDI
🛍WHAT I’M WEARING:
Fitbit Versa 2 https://amzn.to/3IEdsmn
Hello! My name is Olena Osipov and I make healthy simple recipes on ifoodreal.com. fast dinners, and a lot of healthy Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes. I’m a mom to 2 boys and soon-to-be Certified Nutrition Coach and Cornell University Healthy Living program graduate. I grew up in Ukraine on real food. As an adult, I tried many diets without results. Now for over 10 years, I cook fast and simple healthy meals for my family. I can assist you with “What’s for dinner?” too. Read more about me https://ifoodreal.com/about-olena/
Disclaimer: product links may include affiliate links.