Instant Pot Sweet Potato Soup Recipe | simple, Healthy and Tasty Sweet Potato Soup Under 20 Minutes
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Instant Pot Sweet Potato soup is super simple and fast to make in just 20 minutes. It is Flavorful, comforting and satisfying soup, perfect for chilly days.
Sweet Potatoes – 2 medium (peeled & chopped)
Coconut Oil or Oil of choice – 2 tbsps
Onion – 1 medium chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves chopped
Chili powder or paprika – 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Vegetable broth – 3 cups
Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp (adjust to taste)
Pepper – 1/4 tsp (adjust to taste)
Cilantro to garnish (Optional)
1. Peel and chop two medium sweet potatoes about 3 cups.
2. Add 2 tbsps of Coconut oil to the Instant Pot.
3. Add onions, garlic, sweet potatoes, chili powder, cumin powder and vegetable broth.
4. Close the lid and set the pressure valve to Sealing. Set the Pressure cook (or Manual) mode for 8 minutes.
5. Once done, release the pressure after 10 minutes and open the lid.
6. Blend the mixture using immersion blender or standard blender. If using regular blender, fill it only till the middle level, open the lid cap and put a kitchen towel to cover the lid. Otherwise hot soup will splatter all over.
7. You can also cool down the soup and blend it in the regular blender. Reheat it in the Instant Pot sauté mode.
8. Add coconut milk, salt and pepper to taste.
9. Sweet potato soup is ready to serve!
10. Serve it warm with breads, salad or sandwich.
Thank you for watching!!
Subscribe for more simple and delicious recipes!!
Follow on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/chiramascooking/
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!