You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Learn how to cook pasta in your Instant Pot, or any other brand of electric pressure cooker. Walk away from the kitchen and tend to other things while your pasta cooks itself in the pressure cooker—no boiling over, no stirring!
Homemade Marinara sauce recipe Link: https://youtu.be/yu_F3yJ1Lo0
1. For perfect pasta from your pressure cooker, there’s a pretty simple formula: take the time listed on the box, cut it in half.
2. This formula works as a excellent starting point whether you’re using regular pasta, whole-wheat pasta, gluten-free pasta, rice-based pasta, or pretty much any other type of pasta.
3. If you love your pasta with a bit more bite, the next time you cook it, subtract an additional minute from the cooking time.
If you make this recipe, share your food photo with hashtag #chillipotkitchen on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and others can enjoy it too! Thank you!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Cook Time: 20 minutes (includes pressure built-in)
Active Standing Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
Instant Pot model: 6 Qt Duo (USA: https://amzn.to/2BWr0xq) (India: https://amzn.to/2Dx8axv)
serving size: 1
Calories: 475 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Unsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 883mg | Carbohydrates: 7g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Protein: 16g
Olive Oil- 3 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds/Cumin Powder- 1 Tsp
Garlic- 5 Cloves(chopped) /
Garlic Powder- 1 Tsp
Onion- 1 Cup
Salt- 1 tsp or to taste
Your choices of veggies
I have added:
Peas- ¼ Cup
Carrot- ½ Cup
Spinach- ½ Cup (chopped)
Bell Pepper- 1Cup
Broccoli- ½ Cup (chopped)
Mushroom- 1 Cup(chopped)
Tomato sauce/tomato puree/ marinara sauce- 24 oz/app. 3 Cups
Penne Pasta- 16oz (1 Box)
Chilly Flakes- 1 Tsp
Dry herbs- As required
Broth/water- 2 Cups
1. Turn on the instant pot, select sauté mode. Let it heat up for a couple of minutes.
2. Add oil, cumin seeds, garlic, onion, salt and sauté it till onion turns translucent, then add veggies and sauté it for a minute. Cancel the sauté mode.
3. Add tomato puree or pasta sauce, chili flakes, and dry herbs.
4. Mix it well and add broth.
5. Close the lid and make sure that the vent is in the sealing position.
6. Select the manual/pressure cook at high pressure for 6 minutes.
7. do a fast release and give a fast mix.
8. Add cheese and mix it thoroughly.
9. Serve it hot.
If you found this video helpful please love the video! Share the video with your friends.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for tasty and simple video recipes.
Please leave your feedback and comments in the comment section below!
For more yummy and healthy recipes,
please follow me in:
#chillipotKitchen #creamypastaininstantpot #tomatopastaininstantpot