Making Carbonnade Flamande, the Belgian Beef and Beer Stew using Instant Pot
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
♥ Please Subscribe to my channel for more delicious recipes!
We all love a one-pot meal which offers great flavors with little mess. This Carbonnade Flamande, a traditional Belgian beef and beer stew, is made with a tasty twist by adding Bull-Head Shallot Sauce to complement the dish and balance flavors from all the components. Enjoy it with crusty bread or boiled potatoes!
**This one-pot recipe can be made in a deep skillet, dutch oven, pressure cooker or slow cooker. Your pick!
Carbonnade Flamande (Belgian Beef and Beer Stew)
1/4 cup Flour (35g)
1.5 lbs Beef Chunks (680g)
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Salt
8oz Mushroom (225g)
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Bay Leaves
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
1 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1 Tbsp Bullhead Shallot Sauce
1 cup Beef Broth (235ml)
12oz Belgian Beer (355ml)
1. put the beef cubes in a mixing bowl, add flour, black pepper and salt, and gently mix to make the beef evenly coated with flour.
2. cut mushrooms, onions and cut carrots.
3. Add beef in the Stewpot (“Saute” mode for Instant Pot), saute until golden brown and take out.
4. Add mushrooms, onions and carrots into the Stewpot (“Saute” mode for Instant Pot) and saute for 5 minutes.
5. put the beef back into the pot, add minced garlic and brown sugar.
6. Add spices (Bay Leaves, Fennel Seeds, Thyme, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Cloves
) and Bullhead Shallot Sauce.
7. Pour beef broth and Belgian beer.
8. Cover the lid and simmer for 40 minutes on medium-low heat. (“Stew” mode for Instant Pot)
9. After the stew is completed (fast Pressure Release for Instant Pot), after you plate it, you can eat it with baguette after serving with seasoning.
#BeefStew #CarbonnadeFlamande #BeerStew #Recipe #CookWithHana
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!