You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Watch how to make Mango Cheesecake, a mouth watering recipe by Anushruti.
As we bid adieu to the king of fruits, our Chef Anushruti presents the lovely recipe for the delicious, simple to make, and most importantly, Gelatin Free Mango Cheesecake! Enjoy!
160 gm (1 1/2 cups) digestive biscuits or any other fairly plain sweet biscuits, crushed
100 gm (1/2 cup) butter (preferably salted butter), chopped
160 gm (1 cup) fine sugar or powdered sugar
800 gm (3 cups) thick full cream yogurt
400 gm (2 cups) panir cheese or cottage cheese*
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) water
10 gm Chinagrass or Agar Agar or Kanten*
2 mangoes (1 cup), peeled, chopped and pureed (make sure that you heat the mango pulp on medium heat before pouring the china grass mix with it)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Mango Glaze:
1 mango (1/2 cup), peeled, chopped and pureed
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
– put the yogurt in a cheesecloth lined colander over a container and allow to drain overnight to acquire half the quantity ( 400 gm or 1 1/2 cups) thick yogurt.
Prepare the crust:
– put all the biscuits in a sealed plastic bag (Zip loc) and with a rolling pin beat until the biscuits are powdered. This is more simple than it sounds. Once this is done put the biscuits in a big mixing bowl. put in the butter and with the assist of a pastry blender or with your hands rub the butter into the biscuits until the mixture is well mixed. Alternatively, process the biscuits in a food processor until fine, drop in the butter and process again until the mixture is properly blended.
– Remove the mixture and press it evenly into the base of an 8” deep round spring form pan or any pan with a removable bottom or a 9” regular round pan. cool in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Prepare the filling:
– Break the china grass into small pieces and soak in 1 1/2 cups water for about 10 minutes until it becomes soft.
– In a food processor fitted with the metal blade or blender, put the strained yogurt, panir cheese or cottage cheese and the sugar and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer this to a mixing bowl, stir in the vanilla extract and mix well with a whisk.
– In a sauce pan, heat the mango puree over a medium flame. do not allow this to boil.
– In another saucepan put the chinagrass and water mixture and stir on low heat until it melts completely. This can take about 10 minutes. do not allow this to boil.
– After the chinagrass melts completely, pour the hot china grass solution into the hot mango puree, stirring all the while.
– Slowly add the mango mixture into the yogurt and cheese mixture and beat well with a wire whisk until well blended.
– Pour this mixture over the prepared crust, level with a spoon and cool in the refrigerator for about an hour. Allow the cheesecake to set for an hour or so before spreading the glaze over it.
For the Mango Glaze:
– put all the ingredients for the glaze in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. When it begins to boil, reduce the flame and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more. Allow to come to room temperature and then spread the glaze over the cheesecake with a spoon. Allow the glaze to set over the cheesecake for 2 to 3 hours or overnight, before slicing it.
*If using cottage cheese make sure the water is completely drained and the cheese is dry to acquire a perfectly set cheesecake. Try and use panir cheese blended into a puree for this recipe.
*A few notes about cooking with chinagrass or agar agar or kanten.
China grass or Agar Agar or Kanten is a sea weed and completely vegetarian. It gives a smooth, glossy finish and many chefs prefer to use it over gelatin. China grass, if used properly sets easily at room temperature.
1. China grass needs to be broken into pieces and softened by soaking in water for atleast 5 minutes.
2. Heat chinagrass on a low flame for it to melt completely.
3. The dissolved chinagrass liquid should be immediately mixed with another portion of hot mixture. Remember that both the mixing agents need to be hot for the china grass to set properly. If either of them is cold, then the dessert wont set properly.
Host: Anushruti RK
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://bit.ly/SubscribeToRajshriFood
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Visit our Website for more Awesome Recipes