You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
This beef stew is classic Cantonese comfort food! Extremely tender & juicy beef with melt in your mouth beef tendon and delicious daikon drenched in a sweet and umami-packed Chee Hou Sauce.
It’s a Chinese staple and is a well-loved classic in Hong Kong Noodle Shops!
✌🏼 Subscribe today for more delicious recipes!: https://bit.ly/3mVCq78
🍜 📕 10 simple & delicious VIETNAMESE RECIPES
🤤 Fish sauce chicken wings, fried imperial rolls, banh khot, & more!!
👇🏼 acquire your recipe ebook NOW!👇🏼
🔥 acquire YOUR BOBA, CHINESE DUMPLINGS, & GREAT WAVE KOI FISH MERCH HERE!
BEEF STEW NOODLES w/ DAIKON & TENDON – 6-8 Servings
MEAT & VEGETABLES
1 lb Beef Belly or Fatty Beef Brisket Chinese: 牛坑腩
1 lb Beef Tendon Chinese: 牛筋
1 lb big Daikon Radish – cut into big chunks
20 g Sliced Ginger
6 Garlic Cloves – crushed
1 big Shallot – chopped
3 Stalks of Green Onion – white & greens separated
1 TBSP Shaoxing Cooking Wine
1 Cup Chicken Stock or Water
1 TBSP Salt – season to taste!
3 TBSP Chee Hou Sauce Chinese: 柱侯醬
1 TBSP Ligh Soy Sauce
1 TBSP Dark Soy Sauce
2 TSP Oyster Sauce
3 Star Anise
2 TSP Rock Sugar 10g
1 Small Piece of Dried Mandarin Peel Chinese: 陳皮
1 Cinnamon Stick
2 Bay Leaves
3 TBSP Corn Starch
4 TBSP Water
– For uncooked beef tendons – pressure cook tendons with a cup of cold water in Instant Pot at High – Pressure for 1 hour & 15 minutes + Natural Release.
– Discard the cooking liquid. Rinse the cooked tendons under cold running tap water.
– cut tendons into smaller 3-4″ pieces, then remove some of the fat if desired.
DRIED MANDARIN PEEL
– Rehydrate the dried mandarin peel (chengpi) by soaking it with cold water for 15 minutes.
**Both the beef tendon and dried mandarin peel are optional
– Heat up Instant Pot using Sauté More function. Wait until it says HOT (~8 mins).
– Pat the beef belly dry with a paper towel.
– Add 1 TBSP oil to the Instant Pot.
– Brown the beef, roughly 3 minutes per side, and set aside. You may have to do this in batches.
– Add crushed garlic cloves, sliced ginger, chopped shallot, and white part of green onions in Instant Pot.
– Saute until fragrant (~2 mins).
– While the ginger and garlic are being sauteed, quickly cut the beef into stew-size pieces.
– Add pre-cooked tendon pieces and browned beef pieces (with all the meat juices) in Instant Pot.
– Pour in 1 TBSP Shaoxing wine (or water) and completely deglaze the bottom of the pot.
make CHEE HOU SAUCE
– Combine all sauce ingredients and add to the Instant Pot.
– Give it a fast mix so all the ingredients are infused with the paste.
ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS
– Add the daikon chunks, chicken stock (or water), and salt.
– Ensure everything is submerged ~90%.
– Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 32 minutes plus 15 minutes natural release.
THICKEN & SEASON TO TASTE
– Bring the beef stew sauce to a simmer with the “Saute” button.
– In a small mixing bowl, mix cornstarch with water, then mix it in one third at a time until desired – thickness.
– Taste and adjust seasoning by adding more salt.
– I added 2 big pinches of salt at the stop.
– Serve with egg noodles, rice, or rice noodles!
📸. TECH & GADGETS
Camera Body: Canon Rebel T6i
Lens: Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM – Nifty Fifty (great for low light)
Tripod: Mefoto Travel Tripod
Lighting: Softbox Lights
– Blue Wednesday – Apple Pies & Butterflies
– Blue Wednesday – This Is Not A Drill
#chinesebeefstew #beefstew #hongkongcafe