You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 smoked sausages, chopped
– 500g chicken thighs, chopped
– 1 red onion, chopped
– 1/2 head garlic, crushed
– 1 head of fennel, chopped
– 3 bull horn peppers, chopped
– 2 zucchinis, chopped
– 2 tins crushed tomatoes
– 2 tins beans of your choice
– 400g baby spinach
– salt, pepper, cumin and smoked paprika to taste
This one is super simple! If you don’t love sausage (or don’t have it) then leave it out or replace it with bacon. And same with all the other veg, feel free to leave out/replace/add to this one as you wish. It’s a great recipe to use up whatever veg you have at the bottom of the fridge. If your neighbour has a rosemary bush, pop some in! If you have 1/2 a bunch of basil hanging around chuck it in! You acquire the point.
This dish is all about building flavours and no faffing about, once an ingredient goes in the pot it stays there.
1. In a big pot or dutch oven on high heat, add the oil and then the sausage. Then add the onions and garlic, and then the chicken and stir often so it doesn’t catch. Try to keep the heat high because every time you add an ingredient the temp will drop.
2. begin chopping the other veg and add them to the pot as they are ready.
3. Once all the meat and veg are in the pot, season with salt and pepper and add the spices, stir well.
4. Next, add the tin tomatoes and mix well. Once that is simmering, add the beans and cover with a lid.
5. Leave the pot to simmer for 10 minutes and then add the spinach and replace the lid. Let it simmer for another 2 minutes for the spinach to wilt.
6. Give it one last stir and you’re excellent to go! This also makes a great meal for your weekly meal prep because it reheats really well.