You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
The word Biryani makes us drool. And often times we don’t have the time to the elaborate dum biryani, so I have come up with an simple yet tasty biryani that you can cook in a pressure cooker, it is Egg Biryani. This is an easier and simpler version of biryani in my style. Serve the biryani hot with raita and salad by the side. Try out the recipe and let me know how it turned out for you guys.
#PressureCookerEggBiryani #EggBiryani #Biryani #eggbiryanirecipe #homecookingshow #homecooking #hemasubramanian
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Number of servings: 5-6 persons
For Browning The Onions
Oil – 2 tbsp
Onion – 1 no. (thinly sliced)
For Roasting The Eggs
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Boiled Egg – 6 nos.
To make Curd Mixture
Curd – 1/2 cup
Chili Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
To make Biryani
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
*Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
*Star Anise – 1 no.
*Cardamom Pods – 3 nos.
*Cloves – 8 nos.
*Bay Leaf – 2 nos.
Onion – 2 nos. (thinly sliced)
Green Chili – 3 nos. (slit)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Tomato – 3 nos. chopped
Salt – 2 tsp + as required
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 bunch
Mint Leaves – 1/2 bunch
Basmati Rice – 300g (soaked For 30 Mins)
Water – 500 ml
1. Wash and soak the rice for about 30 minutes
2. Boil eggs and peel them and make slits on them
3. Heat a pan with some oil and fry some onions for the fried onions and keep them aside
4. In the same pan, add some oil, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and add the eggs and fry the eggs and keep them aside
5. Take a pressure cooker and add some ghee and oil to the cooker, and roast the whole spices
6. Add onions and saute them
7. Add green chilies and ginger garlic paste and saute along
8. Add tomatoes and cook them till they are mushy and add some salt
9. In a bowl, take the curd, add chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and mix well
10. Add the whisked curd mixture to the cooker and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame
11. After 5 minutes, add coriander leaves, mint leaves, and mix well
12. Add the soaked rice and gently mix it
13. Add water (500 ml water for 300 ml rice) and check for seasoning. Add a teaspoon of salt if required
14. Now put the eggs on top of the rice, add fried onions, chopped coriander leaves and close the pressure cooker
15. put the weight and cook for about 10 minutes, after 10 minutes turn off the stove and let the pressure cooker rest for about 10 minutes before opening
16. Serve the biryani hot with some raita and salad by the side
You can buy our book and classes on http://www.21frames.in/shop
HAPPY COOKING WITH HOMECOOKING
ENJOY OUR RECIPES
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow
A Ventuno Production: http://www.ventunotech.com