simple Cha Siu Chicken Leg in 1 hour | Chinese honey glazed BBQ chicken #shorts
You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
This is an simple delicious cha siu chicken leg you can make within 1 hour. Due to simple made, we use char siu premade sauce you can purchase in Asian supermarket.
Traditional Char siu use pork, but chicken is not a bad substitution.
Ingredients and Steps:
1. Chicken legs, wash and dry to remove excess moisture
2. Marinade the chicken leg with premade sauce for 3 hours or overnight.
But if you’re in a rush, marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge works great.
1. Minced garlic
2. 1 tbsp Char Siu sauce
3. 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
4. 1 tbsp dark soy sauce – give the chicken nice color
5. 1 tbsp sesame
6. 1/2 tsp garlic powder
7. 1/2 tsp garlic powder
8. 1 tbsp hoisin sauce – Chinese bbq sauce
9. 1/2 tsp paprika
10. 1 tbsp honey
11. 1/4 tsp white pepper
1. use the leftover marinade sauce
3. 1/2 cup of water
4. 1 tbsp char siu sauce
5. make sure to boil in low to medium heat for 5 minutes to kill off bacterial from the chicken.
6. Continue to stir the sauce to avoid burn
1. Preheat 375F
2. Use a rack
3. Add 1 cup of hot water to avoid burning the sauce when dripping to the bottom and keep the meat juicy
4. Cook for 25 minutes
5. Brush the glaze sauce every 10 minutes
6. Turn the Chicken legs over
7. Continue cooking for 20 minutes
8. continue to brush the remaining glaze every 10 minutes
9. Use a thermometer to check internal temp (165F is safe for drumsticks but I love to cook till 177-180F)
This delicious Char siu bbq honey chicken leg may look complicated, but the stop result will amaze your friends and family. The total cook time is under 1 hour.
You can substitute chicken leg with deboning chicken thigh or chicken wing.
Enjoy and please subscribe for more video
Where I acquire my sauce
char siu sauce : https://amzn.to/3lYaT5E
sweet soy sauce : https://amzn.to/3AAWjGZ
hoisin sauce : https://amzn.to/3lRAi0B
five spice : https://amzn.to/3zw12sd
Useful kitchen Tools
cooking brush : https://amzn.to/3CBSwtR
Cooking Tongs : https://amzn.to/2XDrnYe
WATER BOILER : https://amzn.to/3u6flTd
Rice cooker : https://amzn.to/39x4acW
Instant pot : https://amzn.to/3EN28E0
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!