You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Hainanese Chicken Rice is a Southeast Asian dish that is near and dear to my heart, as it is often ordered for family dinners and is one of my dad’s personal favorite! Watch my video to learn how to make it quickly and easily in your Instant Pot and Rice Cooker! Also stay tuned for my next video where I will show you how to make a delicious sauce for your Hainanese Chicken!
★ Jasmine Rice – https://amzn.to/326LHAl
★ Chicken Stock – https://amzn.to/3nqFkzU
★ Kadoya Sesame Oil – https://amzn.to/3pWPFFA
★ Kirkland Sea Salt – https://amzn.to/2XqjzFY
EQUIPMENT/TOOLS SEEN OR USED IN VIDEO:
★ Instant Pot – https://amzn.to/383TDGg
★ Zojirushi Rice Cooker – https://amzn.to/3b2S1OI
★ Rice Storage – https://amzn.to/3dXLVPH
★ Knife – https://amzn.to/3cHxPSw
★ Wooden Cutting Board – https://amzn.to/2MVsiOx
★ Tongs – https://amzn.to/3occmVy
★ Mesh Sieves – https://amzn.to/3bobmu9
1 tbsp cooking oil
½ an onion
6 cloves garlic minced
2 stalks scallions cut into 2″ pieces
big thumb ginger sliced
1½ cups salted chicken stock
1 tsp sea salt or to taste
3 big leg quarters See Note 1
½ tsp sesame oil (for the chicken) or to taste
2 cups Jasmine rice washed and drained well
1 tsp sesame oil (for the rice) or to taste
1) Press the “sauté” button on your Instant Pot.
2) When the “hot” indicator turns on, pour 1 tbsp of oil into the pot, swirling to coat evenly.
3) Transfer the chopped onion, minced garlic, scallions and sliced ginger into the pot and stir for 30 seconds.
4) Pour chicken stock into the pot.
5) Add 1 tsp salt, or to taste, and stir until all ingredients are well blended. See Note 2.
6) put the leg quarters into the broth, skin side down.
7) Cancel the “sauté” function, close the lid and pressure cook for 10 minutes. make sure the steam valve is set to sealing position. When time is up, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release all pressure (which will take about 15 minutes).
8) Prepare an ice bath in a big bowl. Transfer the chicken leg quarters into the ice bath, ensuring that the skin is completely submerged. Soak for about 5 minutes.
9) While the chicken is soaking, strain all ingredients from the broth by pouring it through a sieve into a separate bowl. Taste the broth and adjust the salt according to taste.
10) Prepare 2 cups of washed Jasmine rice in your rice pot and drain excess water out extremely well. Pour 2 cups of the broth into the rice pot along with 1 tsp of sesame oil and cook in your rice cooker per manual instructions. See Note 3.
11) While the rice is cooking, line a dish with paper towel. Remove the chicken leg quarters from the ice bath and transfer them onto the paper towel, skin side down. When they are adequately dried, brush sesame oil onto the skin.
12) When rice is done, assemble your Hainanese chicken rice and pair with some cucumbers, tomato and cilantro if you want! Don’t forget popular sauces such as ginger scallion sauce, chili sauce or sweet soy sauce!
1) If you want cleaner, glossier chicken skin, scrub with some salt then rinse thoroughly. Optionally, you may trim excess skin and fat off (keep them if you plan to render oil to use in your Hainanese rice)
2) You may add more salt if you are using unsalted chicken stock. This is the same broth that will be used for your rice, so adjust according to taste.
3) Add more broth if you prefer your them softer. In put of the sesame oil, you may render oil from trimmed excess chicken skin/fat and use that in your rice.
CONNECT WITH ME:
♥ Business Inquiries: email@example.com
♥ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rackoflam
♥ Website: https://rackoflam.com/
♥ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rackoflam
♥ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/rackoflam
♥ TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@rackoflam
♥ Twitter: https://twitter.com/rackoflam
♫ MK2 – Far Away
Some links above may be affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if anyone purchases through them. This helps support my channel so I can continue to make videos for all my viewers.
#hainanesechickenrice #hainanesechicken #rackoflam #instant pot #instantpotrecipes #IPrecipes #hainanese #hainan #海南雞飯 #asianrecipes #asianfood #cooking #asian #stopasianhate #southeastasian #pressurecooker #chinesefood