You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Spiced Cheesecake || Low Carb & Sugar Free
Claire and I are wrapping up our THM Thanksgiving ideas with dessert! Thanksgiving is usually a time for pumpkin pie, but my husband’s not too fond of pumpkin. He is, however, quite fond of ginger cookies so I decided to play around with gingerbread spices and see what I could come up with for a cheesecake (another one of his favorites)! This cheesecake isn’t overly sweet, so be sure to adjust the sweeteners to your liking – same thing goes with the spices!
* 1 1/2 cups almond meal
* 1 TBSP powdered erythritol
* 1 shake powdered stevia
* 1 tsp molasses
* 2 TBSP butter
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger
* 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/8 tsp ground cloves
* 16 oz softened cream cheese
* 6 TBSP sour cream or greek yogurt
* 2 tsp vanilla
* 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
* 3 shakes powdered stevia
* 3 room temperature eggs
* 1 tsp molasses
* 1/2 tsp ground ginger
* 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp ground cloves
* 1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
* 1-2 TBSP powdered erythritol
* 2 shakes powdered stevia
For the Crust:
* Pre-heat oven to 350F. Prepare 7” springform pan with parchment paper and non-stick spray. Set aside.
* Measure all crust ingredients into food processor. Process until it’s a crumbly mixture.
* Pour crust mixture into prepared springform pan. Press firmly and evenly into bottom of pan. make sure to acquire some crust about 1/4″ up the sides of the pan to seal the bottom of the pan from leaks once you add the cheesecake filling.
* Bake for about 10 minutes. Allow crust to cool while you prepare the filling.
For the Filling:
* Using an immersion blender or hand mixer, combine softened cream cheese and sour cream well. You want as few lumps as possible, but we’ll keep blending as we add ingredients, so worry not!
* Add the vanilla, sweeteners, molasses, and spices to the bowl. Using the immersion blender (or hand mixer), blend these ingredients thoroughly. You want the mixture to be completely smooth at this point.
* Add your eggs to the bowl. Carefully mix the eggs into the mixture. do NOT OVER MIX at this point! Please trust me on this!
* Pour batter into springform pan. Lay a paper towel over the pan and secure it with a piece of foil. put pan on the trivet that comes with your pressure cooker.
* Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water to your pressure cooker. Using the trivet, lower your pan into the pressure cooker. Seal the lid and steam valve on your pressure cooker.
* On “pressure cook” (for newer Instant Pots), set the timer for 30 minutes.
* Once the timer is finished, allow a FULL Natural Pressure Release. This is important to finish cooking the cheesecake.
* Once pressure has naturally released, take your cheesecake out, remove the foil and paper towel, and dab away any moisture resting on top of the cheesecake.
For the Topping:
* Mix topping ingredients until smooth.
* Pour over cheesecake once it’s removed from the pressure cooker.
* Spread the topping to make a smooth top to the cheesecake. The warmth from the cheesecake will cause the topping to meld into the cake and make a very pretty top.
* Allow cheesecake to cool on the counter completely.
* Move cheesecake to refrigerator and leave it ALONE for 24 hours. This time is critical for the texture to be the absolute best it can be.
* Once fully chilled, remove cheesecake from the pan and cut into 8 pieces.
Claire’s Thanksgiving Dessert Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fUHOF9-u9k
Claire’s Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMgSFK6Zi2JhFM7ONBhP_zA
Some of these are Affiliate Links that assist support my channel without any extra cost to you. I appreciate you considering using them when making your amazon purchases!
My Amazon Staples: www.amazon.com/shop/lindseymurphy
Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/2qSYRhJ
Springform Pan: https://amzn.to/2FvqJTc
THM Plan Book: https://amzn.to/2IdoeTc
THM Cookbook: https://amzn.to/2xEBFrb
Trim Healthy Table: https://amzn.to/2xAdNFe
Coupon Code for 15% off: LINDSEYM15
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lindsey.c.murphy/
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Mama2LilBug/following
Follow my Pinterest Boards: https://www.pinterest.com/lindseycmurphy/
“Fretless” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
#trimhealthymama #sugarfree #instant pot #thm #lowcarb #keto #ketocheesecake #thms #glutenfree #glutenfreecheesecake #sugarfreecheesecake