You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Steamed Buns Bao 包 in the Instant Pot – Chinese Steamed Bun – Sweet Taro Paste
Steamed Buns Bao 包 Recipe
1.25 cups all purpose flour
6 tablespoons sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 cup water, cold
1. Combine dry ingredients
2. Add oil, vinegar and water and mix until it becomes dough love
3. Knead dough for 4-5 minutes until dough is smooth
4. put on parchment paper then into the instant pot
5. Select yogurt function, low for 15-30 minutes to proof dough
6. When done proofing, separate and roll out dough into 10-12 small balls
7. Steam for 15 minutes
– plain steamed buns: round balls or make a braided twist!
– Chinese sausage buns
– Red bean paste bun
– sweet taro paste bun
– Black sesame paste bun
– Bbq pork bun
– Chicken bun
Sweet taro paste recipe
– 1 cup taro, roughly cubed
– 3/4 cup water
– 2 tablespoons sugar
1. Add taro and water into instant pot
2. Close lid, select high pressure cooking for 5 minutes.
3. When done, do a fast release.
4. Using a hand blender, blend ingredients into a paste.
5. Add sugar and mix.
6. Let cool before using as filling
Subscribe to my channel for more recipes:
Check out my website www.MYinstantpotlife.com
Audio / soundtrack:
Track: Campfire — Declan DP [Audio Library Release]