You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
A Perfect Pongal should slide of easily from the spoon without sticking. Try this recipe to acquire perfect Ven Pongal. This Instant Pot Ven Pongal is made out of rice, lentil and ghee. It is a rich, comforting food of TamilNadu(South Indian State). Usually we call it as sleeping pill😊😊. Yes, since it is loaded with protein and excellent fat(from ghee), it makes us feel sleepy after having Pongal but you will love that feel after having it. You will never acquire back to any way of cooking, if you try it in Instant Pot. Making Pongal is effortless and it is literally a dump and go recipe which you can finish it in 20 minutes.
Prep Time:0 mins
Closed IP Time: 30mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Keyword: instant pot ven pongal
1) Raw Rice/ Any Short Grain Rice – 1/2 Cup
What I used for this recipe:
2) Split Yellow Moong Dhal – 1/2 Cup
What I used for this recipe:
3) Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1/4 Cup + 3 TBSP
4) Cashew – 1 Handful
5) Curry Leaves – 1 Handful
6) Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 Tsp
7) Cumin Seeds – 1.5 Tsp
8)Whole Black Pepper – 1.5 Tsp
9) Salt – As Required
1) Wash the rice and lentil 2 to 3 times.
2) Add the washed rice and lentil into the instant pot.
3) Add 3 Cups filtered water, 1 TBSP Ghee and Close the Instant Pot.
4) Select the Pressure Cook mode, Set the timer for 10 minutes and Click on begin.
5) When it is done, wait for the pressure to settle down.
6) While the pressure is about to go down, we can begin tempering. In a pan, add 1/4 Cup Ghee and heat it in a medium high flame.
7) Add Whole black pepper, cumin seeds, ginger, cashew, curry leaves and roast it for some seconds.
8) Finally switch off the stove and add asafetida powder.
9) Once the pressure settles down, add required salt for the Pongal and then the tempering and mix everything gently together.
10) Finally add 1 to 2 TBSP Ghee and Close the IP and let it rest for 15- 20 minutes.
Function: Manual/Pressure Cook
Release: Natural Release
Open the IP after 15 minutes. Serve it hot with sambar and coconut chutney.
STORE AND FREEZE:
Store it in the fridge for 3 days.
𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬…?
👍 love the video (it helps a ton!)
💬 Comment if you made it till the stop!
🔗 Share the video with anyone you think it might assist 🙂
✿ Social Links:
▶ Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/InstaMom-101366631558084/
▶ Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/instamomkitchen/
▶ SUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE NEW AND TURN THE BELL ON
✿ Watch More Videos:
✿ Instant Pot Vegan Recipes playlist
✿ Instant Pot Sambar and Pot in Pot Rice
✿ Dump and Go Butter Chicken in 30 minutes
✿ Instant Pot Basic Indian Chicken Curry
✿ Dosa Batter in Instant Ace Plus Blender
I am using Instant Pot Ultra 10 In 1 Multi-Use Programmable Cooker Size:6 QT for making this recipe.
Thanks for being with us!
If you love this video please subscribe our channel☺☺
#instantpotpongalrecipe #instantpotvenpongalrecipes #instantpotsouthindianbreakfastrecipes #southindianbreakfast #venpongal #instamom #instant pot #instantpotrecipes #instantpotcoooking #instantpotpressurecooking #instantpotbreakfastrecipes #instantpotbreakfast