You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Vegan Double Chocolate Instant Pot Cake – Click SHOW MORE for the Full Recipe
Whether you are a beginner or a veteran, these whole-food, plant-based recipes are for you.
Find our extensive recipe archive here ▸ https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/
Download top-rated Plant-Based recipe app today ▸ https://www.forksoverknives.com/app/
SUBSCRIBE to Forks Over Knives ▸ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuwi1gSKyqz28BVCc9qeuIA?sub_confirmation=1
TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS 🛎
– 1⅓ cup unsweetened plant-based milk, such as almond, soy, cashew, or rice
– 1½ teaspoons ground flaxseeds
– 1½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
– 2½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
– ⅔ cup pure cane sugar
– ⅔ cup + ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– ¼ cup almond flour
– ½ teaspoon regular or sodium-free baking powder
– ¼ teaspoon baking soda
– ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
– ½ cup Date Paste
– 1 tablespoon almond butter
– Fresh berries (optional)
– Fill a 6-qt. Instant Pot multicooker with 1 inch water; add steamer rack. Set cooker on Sauté setting and allow to heat on Normal temperature 10 to 15 minutes or until water starts to steam.
– Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine 1 cup of the milk, the flaxseeds, vinegar, and 1½ teaspoons of the vanilla. In a medium bowl stir together the all-purpose flour, sugar, ⅔ cup of the cocoa powder, the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until combined. Pour batter into a 6×3-inch springform or round cake pan.
– put cake on rack in cooker. Lock lid in put; set pressure valve to Venting. Set cooker on Slow Cook setting and High temperature and cook 90 minutes. Open lid carefully. Turn off cooker and let cake stand in cooker 10 minutes or until steam subsides.
– Using oven mitts, lift out cake. cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove sides of springform pan or remove cake from cake pan; cool completely on rack.
– Meanwhile, for frosting, in a blender combine the Date Paste, ⅓ cup of the milk, ¼ cup of the cocoa powder, the almond butter, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Cover and blend until smooth.
– Generously spread top and sides of cake with frosting. cool 20 minutes or until frosting is set. Serve immediately or cool until ready to serve. If desired, serve with berries.
FOLLOW FORKS OVER KNIVES ON SOCIAL MEDIA
TWITTER ▸ https://twitter.com/ForksOverKnives
INSTAGRAM ▸ https://www.instagram.com/forksoverknives/
FACEBOOK ▸ https://www.facebook.com/forksoverknives
PINTEREST ▸ https://www.pinterest.com/forksoverknives/
EXPLORE MORE ABOUT FORKS OVER KNIVES
Homepage ▸ https://www.forksoverknives.com/
The Film ▸ https://www.forksoverknives.com/the-film/
#1 Plant-Based Vegan Meal Planner ▸ https://www.forksoverknives.com/meal-planner/
Cooking Course ▸ https://www.forksoverknives.com/cooking-course/
Top-Rated Plant-Based Recipe App ▸ https://www.forksoverknives.com/app/
Books & Magazines ▸ https://www.forksoverknives.com/books-magazines/
About Forks Over Knives’ Recipe:
Forks Over Knives recipes and articles are created by a big community of chefs, authors, doctors, and other health professionals representing an array of specialties, from preventive and lifestyle medicine to nutrition, cardiology, psychology, and more.”