You’ve probably heard of theInstant Pot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these simple & easy to follow recipes work with any pressure cooker! All pressure cookers work on the same, simple principle: Steam pressure.
Within the sealed pot, the steam builds up therein to a very high pressure, which helps food cook much faster than other traditional methods, such as with crock pots and or ovens!
Vegan Fall Stew – makes 6 servings
– 4 medium potatoes
– 1 onion
– 3 cloves garlic
– 3 carrots
– 2 bell peppers
– 2 cups dry beans
– 2 cups spinach
– 2 tsp Better Than Bouillon
– 1 tsp soya sauce
– 1 can chopped tomatoes
– 1.5 cups hummus
– .5 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp dried basil
– .5 tsp oregano
– .5 cup cooked quinoa
– .25 cup cilantro
1. chop all your veggies.
2. Sauté the onion and garlic in some water. Add the carrots and peppers til soft.
3. Add the spices, B-T bouillon, tomatoes, and soya sauce. Mix well.
4. Add the beans, potatoes, and 3 cups of water. Mix well.
5. Using your Instant Pot, cook on high pressure 30 mins + natural release 10 mins (while you’re waiting, cook some rice and the quinoa).
6. Release any additional pressure and open lid. Stir in quinoa, spinach, and hummus. Add extra seasonings if desired.
7. Serve over rice and enjoy!
***If you don’t have a pressure cooker, this can easily be made on the stove top. It will just take a bit longer for the beans to cook 🙂